24

Ark snapped his eyes open and sat up.
"Ark?" Caitlyn asked. The veins around his eyes popped out as he bared his fangs.
"It's not you. It's him." Klaus remarked from behind her. "He's been hexed, I believe."
"Hexed?"
"Hexed... cursed... dark magic- it's all the same."
"A hex and a curse are actually-"
"Focus on finding Finn, little witch, or need I remind you what it is that's at stake right now?"
"Ark mentioned you were kind of an dick. I see now that was an understatement."
"Go home, Caitlyn."
"How many times do I have to say no for you to understand?"
"I don't trust your witch."
"You're originals. What exactly could a witch mix together that would..." she stopped, looking at Arkyn who was trying to get through the barrier. "...actually... kill you? Is he getting through the barrier?"
"Looks that way." Caitlyn took a step back, her eyes wide with half fear.
"He has blood coming out of his eyes. You have to let me help." She said and held out the vial she held in her hand. Klaus stared at the potion.
"No." He eventually said, pushing her away just in time as Arkyn lunged at her. "I understand why you'd want to hurt me, but you care about her, remember?"
"Can't lose anyone if I don't have anyone to lose." Arkyn finally said. "You taught me that."
"I deserve that." Klaus sighed. "But I didn't force you to forgive me. You chose to all by yourself."
"It was a mistake." He sped at Klaus, grabbing him in a headlock. "I don't know why I ever entertained the idea that you could be redeemed."
"Fight it, Ark." Klaus clawed at Arkyn's arm, trying to get free. "Whatever Finn did, you can fight it."
"He didn't do anything to me, brother." He used the word mockingly. "This is all because of you." While the brothers were occupied, Davina snapped Arkyn's neck. Klaus stood.
"So he can't be contained and he wants to go out on a rampage?" Davina asked. "People can't leave boundary spells."
"He's done so before."
"He looks like his brain's melting. He's bleeding out of basically every orifice."
"And yet it doesn't deter him from getting to his goal."
"He's afraid you're going to kill someone he cares about. Why? Have you killed someone he cared about before?"
"Give me your potion." He ignored the question but she moved her hand away. "I said give-"
"I know what you said. Right now Ark hates you. A lot."
"That's nothing new, love. He's hated me for nine hundred years."
"Yeah well... I don't have anything to say to that actually."
"I can see glimpses." Davina said. Forgetting his brother for the moment, Klaus turned to her. "He's combining sacred objects. Totems. Representational magic."
"Where?" Davina closed her eyes to focus.
"Lafayette No. 1. The Lyonne tomb."
"And what's he using?"
"He's channeling your parents!"
"And here I thought I was the poster child for least grateful offspring!" Klaus smirked, delighted.
"Well, then. Shall you and I go crash their little party?"
"What about Ark?" Caitlyn frowned.
"Good point. Now, considering I don't have any daggers on me." Klaus turned back to his brother and suddenly pulled out his heart.
"Wha-?" Caitlyn knelt down by his side.
"Relax, he's not dead. Not permanently. His heart'll regrow, and while it does, I can find out what exactly Finn did to him and reverse it."
"You ripped out his heart."
"Well a boundary spell wouldn't work, and a snapped neck would've given you maybe ten minutes at most before he woke up. We're wasting time. Go home Caitlyn."
"Do you have, like... any friends?"
"You've seen my brother twice, maybe three times. And you're willing to risk your life just to sit by him, read to him while he's dead?"
"You should probably hurry." She sat down next to Arkyn.
"It's not safe." Davina looked at her.
"I know it's not, but he's my friend." Davina nodded, understandingly.
"Come on. We've got to hurry." Klaus said, walking out to the door. Davina rolled her eyes and followed after him. He stopped, gasping for breath.
"Now who needs to pick up the pace." Davina said, sounding smug. He fell down, collapsing on the ground. "Klaus?" She moved to his side, kneeling beside him.
"What happened to him?" Caitlyn asked, looking over and the witch shrugged. She started shaking him.
"Klaus? Klaus." She slapped him. The blonde raised a brow and Davina looked at her innocently. "I'm just trying to wake him up. Got a better idea?"
"Go ahead." Caitlyn said. "I'm not judging."
"Wake up!" Davina shook him. She slapped him again. "The one time I need you." His phone began to ring and Davina pulled his phone out and looked at the ID before answering it. "Cami?"
"Cami?" Caitlyn repeated. Davina put the phone on speaker.
"Why are you answering Klaus's phone? And why is my sister there?"
"Because I can't wake him."
"And I'm here for Ark who's... occupied right now."
"Ark and Klaus collapsed too? I'm with Elijah. He's not waking up either."
"Uh, Ark didn't collapse. Klaus ripped out his heart. Long story." Davina said and realisation dawned on her face. "Ugh, I'm an idiot. The spell Finn used was to trap his brothers... meaning Kol's in trouble."
"What do we do?" Cami asked.
"I have no idea." Davina sounded overwhelmed and Caitlyn looked over to her.