Chapter 5: Lambie

Lilly's POV:

 "You strapped in Lilly?" Demi asked, looking through the rear-view mirror. 

 "Yeah" I said. She drove off, starting the journey home. We just came from the park. We planned to spend the day there, but Demi left the picnic basket at home. As she drove closer to the house, my eyes got heavier and heavier, until they stayed closed. 

————————————————————————————————————

"Go back to sleep, princess. Mommy's here. We can go back to the park when you wake up." Demi said as she carried me into the house. 

"Lambie" I whined, realizing I was missing the stuffed animal that I've had my whole life.

 "It's in the bag, baby." Demi said, walking towards it to get Lambie. She searched through all the pockets, then sat me on the couch, then continued to search. 

"Shit." She said under her breath. She then searched through her purse for a while before pulling out her key and walked to the door.

"Where's Lambie?" I whined, starting to get irritated. 

 "Mommy has to look for him, baby. I'm gonna check in the car, then be right back, okay?" I nodded my head. After she walked out the door, I went up to my room and looked for him. I checked every corner before going to Demi's room and looking there, but I couldn't find him.

 "LILLY...LILLY" Demi yelled, walking up the stairs. 

"Yes" I responded. I walked to the top of the stairs to meet her. "Did you find Lambie?"

 "No. I'm sorry, princess. What are you doing upstairs?" "I help look for Lambie." 

 "Did you check in all the rooms?"

 "No, just mine and yours." Demi came upstairs and helped look for him, but we couldn't find him. 

"Where do you last remember having him for sure, baby?" Demi asked after almost an hour of searching.

 "Your room." Demi went and got her keys again before strapping me into my car seat and driving.

 "Where we going?""The park." Demi said. Once we got there, Demi unbuckled me and sat me on the floor.

"Do you remember the rules from earlier?" I modded my head, yes, so we started looking around for it.

Demi's POV:

 "Lilly, should we go home and try again tomorrow. Its gonna be dark soon. You can sleep in Mommy's room."

 "Noooooo..." She whined. I picked her up and she wrapped her arms around my neck and rested my head in them.

 "We can look for him tomorrow, princess." I rubbed her back, trying to calm her down.

 "We can't. We have to find him. What if somebody took him? My mom gave it to me before she-"

"I know, baby. How about we call Nana and see if she saw him." She nodded as she continued to cry into my neck. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone before FaceTiming my mom. She answered on the second ring.

 "Hi, sweetie!" She cheered, answering the phone.

 "Hey, mom."

 "Is everything okay?"

 "We're trying to find Lambie, Lilly's stuffed lamb. Have you seen her?"

No, I'm sorry sweetie."

 "Okay, thank you. Say thank you Lilly."

 "Tank you." She said just above a whisper while wiping her face.

 "It's okay, sweetheart. Demi will find Lambie for you. I promise." She nodded her head and sniffled, trying to calm herself down.

 "Bye mom."

 "Bye Demi." I hung up the phone, then put it in my pocket

"We're gonna go eat, then come back. Okay?"

 "Noooooo..."

 "Baby, we haven't eaten for hours, Mommy needs food. We can eat in the car and come back as soon as possible."

 "'Kay" "Lambie" She said as we were walking to the car.

 "I know. We're gonna find him baby."

"Look." She said, sitting up and pointing under the slide. I put her down so she could go get him, and once she did, she ran back into my arms. I placed her on my hip and kissed her on the cheek.

 "See, you found it. I'm so proud of you, baby." I cheered, making my way to the car and strapping her in. We got McDonalds, and on the way home, we called my mom and told her we found him.