Chapter Two - A Mistaken Switch

How could I not have known? Argh, I was so stupid! He was all over tabloids, yet I couldn't recognize him. Perhaps I was living under a rock.

Tamsyn nudged me. "Hey, can I borrow your phone to take pictures? Mine's out of batteries."

Pulling it out of my pocket, I handed it to her. "Sure, though I don't understand how its batteries could be dead before the concert even began."

"Uh, Journey? Is there something you'd like to tell me?" she asked with a quirked eyebrow.

Innocently, I turned to her. "What? Holy cows, what the hell is that?" I shrieked, turning away. "Why is that on my phone?"

"I was just about to ask you that," she told me, frowning.

"Give me the phone." I held out my palm in which she placed the device in.

Sliding through the unlock button, I realized there was no password. Yup, this was definitely not my phone. Especially since there was a picture of a half-naked girl as a lock screen picture.

Groaning, I said, "My phone must be in the dressing room."

"Then who's phone is that?" she asked, taking it once again and turning it over.

I shrugged. "I guess I'll just text myself to get it back. Here, let me do it before I forget."

Tamsyn's eyes lit up. "Oh! Maybe the guy who has your phone is like super hot, and you'll fall in love like in all those cliché books! How romantic would that be?" she swooned.

Tapping her head, I snapped, "Focus on the concert. We had to beg our parents for like forever to let us come. Let's just enjoy this."

"Right!" and she went back to her screaming self.

In case I would forget, I texted myself: hey, I have your phone, and you have mine obviously. Text me back when you get this.

"Oh my gosh! Both groups are on stage! Give me the phone!" Tamsyn shrieked, ripping the phone out of my grip.

I was about to point out that it wasn't even my phone, but I was completely mesmerized by Ryne's voice. What'd I do to be able to meet him...

***

"Wasn't that the greatest concert in the whole world?" Tamsyn sighed wistfully. "Ryne and Kale are so hot, it's not even funny. I wish I could meet them."

Little did she know that I had already met Kale unknowingly. And much to my embarrassment, he caught me red handed snooping about in his dressing room. Talk about humiliation.

Tamsyn and I took the subway home from the ACC, then switched onto the bus.

Her stop arrived earlier than mine so we bid our farewells, and I was left alone.

I decided to take out the mystery person's phone. It was then that I realized that the person wouldn't be able to reply to my text since I had a passcode. But much to my surprise, there was a reply.

Yeah, babe, I realized that. I must say, you have some quite interesting things on your phone...

Hey! I texted back. What are you doing snooping through my phone? And how did you know my password you creepy stalker.

Him: Because I'm cool like that.

Me: no seriously... I need my phone back so can we meet up sometime and get this over with?

Him: mmm very straightforward. Quite a turn on for a guy like me. I always preferred feisty ones ;)

Me: ew, stop being a sick pervert. Wait, what's your name.