Chapter Six - I'll Never Understand Girls

Kale's POV

I honestly felt like sh*t after our little dispute. I shouldn't have said the things I said, and everything told me to run after her and apologize, but being the stubborn *ss I was, my feet remained planted onto the ground.

After a couple of minutes of collecting myself, I checked my schedule for my home room. AP biology. That didn't seem too bad. Biology had always been a subject that I fairly excelled in while being homeschooled.

Realizing that I had no idea where my classroom was located, I tapped the shoulder of a passing student. I made sure to ask a male though-- I didn't need a crazed fan to be following me to my classroom for the rest of senior year.

The boy directed to go down the hall and I would stumble across the room number. Thanking him, I hurried through the dwindling mass of students. The late bell had already rung, and I had a valid excuse of being late, right? I mean, it was my first day here.

I silently read the door numbers as I stride pass them. !43, 145, 147, 149. 151. The door was shut, and before I knocked to disturb the class, I checked my schedule once more to ensure that this was indeed the classroom. 

Nobody would expect it, but I was actually nervous as hell starting school. Performing in front of thousands of screaming fans? No biggie. That was what I lived for. But there was something about having to fit in that scared the sh*t out of me.

I rubbed my hands nervously together before I raised my hand to knock. How bad could it be?

Once I knocked, I twisted the door handle to enter. Instantly, I had become the centre of attention. She caught my attention right away. She regarded me with her wide, horrified green eyes, her lips slightly parted in surprise.

"Welcome to AP Biology. I'm Mr. Banks, your teacher," the slightly balding man greeted me, snapping me from my daze.

Remembering that first impressions were important, I grinned and introduced, "I'm Kale Tatum, in case you didn't know." There. That wasn't too bad was it?

"Well, Mr. Tatum, I hope you don't expect special treatment because of your status," Mr. Banks told me with a light smile etched on his face.

"Wouldn't dream of it," is my reply.

So far so good. 

"Alright then, would you please take a seat next to Journey. Journey, please raise your hand." He indicates towards the direction where Journey is sitting.

I watched as she slid further down the seat, seeming to be intentionally avoiding my gaze. Fine, if she was going to be like that, I'd best be off giving her some space. That's what girls liked anyway, I was sure. 

With a shake of a head, Mr. Banks commented, "Journey's a tad bit shy. Just pick a seat then."

Journey rolled her eyes in response, and continued sitting there with her arms crossed. 

My eyes flickered to the only other vacant seat which so happened to be beside a girl whose boobs I was pretty sure were going to pop out of her shirt any time soon. Taking a step forward, I began making my way to Journey, when I remember that she needs some space. The seat beside her would still be there tomorrow, anyway, so hopefully once the air was cleared up between us, I would be able to sit beside her.

Making a sharp turn, I slid into the seat next to the boob exposed girl. 

Mr. Banks proceeded to begin with a new lesson, but there were only two things on my mind. 1) How to fix the issue I was having with Journey and 2) The girl's boobs beside me.