Chapter 6

6 months. It's been 6 months since he fell into a coma. His heart stopped several times in front of me during these months. However, the doctors always came rushing to the room. I would've killed myself if he died. Von Karma and I most of the time meet in this room. If not, we're in court.

This day felt strange for some reason. I don't know why, but it does. I don't know if the feeling is good or bad. It's just there.

I got up at the same time I always do. 6:00 am. I left the time I always do. 6:32 am.

I walked in the hospital and I went to the front desk. I asked for the key and they gave it to me. I went up to the 3rd floor and walked up to room 10. I unlocked the door and went in. Franziska was there before me. I walked in on her kissing Edgeworth on the hand. I found this quite adorable.

"You're here before me." I say as I walk in, closing the door behind me.

"I wanted to get here early for once."

I walked over to the bed. I held Miles' hand.

"Miles, I don't know if you can hear me, but you've been doing great so far. Take your time and wake up on your own. Don't feel rushed. I just want to see your beautiful eyes again."

Franziska looked at me and smirked as I kissed Miles' hand.

"You two are really cute together."

I blushed at this comment.

"Th-Thanks Von Karma. You and Maya seem really good together too."

Her face turned a dark red color. I can tell she wanted to whip me, even though she left it at her house. I laughed at this.

I went to go sit down next to her when I heard a groan. I figured it was from Franziska.

"Do you not like me sitting next to you?"

"What do you mean?"

My face went from a smirk to confusion.

"Then... Who groaned?"

We both looked at each other silently for a few moments. Then we looked at Miles. We noticed he was moving. I immediately got up to go up to his bed. I put my hand on his. He opened his eyes and blinked a few times to adjust to the light.

"Miles?"

He looked at me. His face went from confused, to happy.

"Hello, Phoenix."

My face drowned in tears. My immediately jumped up to hug him. He hugged me back.

"Miles, I missed you so much!"

"May I ask, what happened?"

"Hit and run." Said the female prosecutor.

He didn't seem to be too sad, but not too happy, either. His face seemed neutral.

"I see."

He looked back at me and blushed when I smiled at him.

"I know your secret."

He gave me a confused look.

"What do you mean, Wright?"

"Franziska told me."

He looked at Franziska who was smirking.

"What did you tell him?"

"Oh, just that you've had a crush on him since grade school."

"You told me you wouldn't tell him!"

"Well, you were in a coma. What else was I supposed to do?"

"Keep quiet!"

"Mmmm... No."

Edgeworth sighed and looked back at me and blushed. I smiled and kissed him on the forehead. He blushed harder at this.

"I like you too."