Chapter 3

The walk to the noodle shop was kind of awkward. I actually caught myself looking at Miles a few times, without any thought. I tried to put up some small talk.

"So, how is Franziska doing?"

"She is quite alright. She took a break from whipping people and it was really peaceful, until she found her whip. Then she went on a whipping rampage."

"Who hid it from her?"

"I did, but don't tell her. She's gonna kill me if she finds out."

"Don't worry, I won't."

A few moments passed before he asked me a question.

"How is Ms. Fey?"

"Maya? She can be annoying, but otherwise, she's really fun to talk to."

"I'm glad."

We got there a few minutes after. I opened the door for Edgeworth and gave him a jokingly bow. I could see him shake his head as he went in and I blushed at this.

'Wait, why am I blushing?' I thought. 'Do I really like him? No, besides, he wouldn't like me back.'

I walked in and I saw Edgeworth sitting at a booth looking straight at me. I went over to the booth and sat across from him. It was kind of awkward until the waitress came. She gave us a couple of menus and asked us for drinks.

"I would like to order some tea, please."

"Water, please."

She gave us a nod and left us alone so we can look at the menus. I looked up from my menu and I saw him trying to sneak a look at me. As soon as I looked at him, he blushed and immediately looked back at the menu. I laughed at this.

"Miles, why are you trying to sneak a look at me?"

"I-I uhh..."

'Did he just stutter?' I asked myself. 'Miles Edgeworth? The demon prosecutor stuttering?'

My thoughts were cut off when the waitress came back to take our orders. I ordered the usual while Edgeworth ordered the same thing I ordered. Before the waitress left she asked us a question.

"Are you two on a date?"

Edgeworth was drinking his tea when she asked the question, and then he started choking on the tea. I immediately reacted to this by getting out of my side of the booth and went into his side of the booth. I started patting his back. He then calmed down from his coughing fit. I grabbed a napkin as I heard the waitress apologizing to him.

"It's alright, Miss. And to answer your question, no this is not a date."

She nodded as she went to go get the food. I looked at Edgeworth as he looked at me back.

"You can go back to your side of the booth, now." He said.

"No, I don't think I will." I said, smirking

He sighed and continued drinking his tea.

A few moments later she came back with the food. We thanked her and started eating.

"Hey Miles."

He looked at me.

"Have you ever been here before?"

"No, actually, I haven't. This is my first time I've been here."

I nodded at this. And before he turned away I smiled at him. His face turned pink as he turned back to his food.

It didn't take us long for us to finish our food. I put the money on the table as we stacked the bowls and put them at the center of the table.

We exited the building and walked down the street. We actually talked about some upcoming trials. A few moments later and we were back at the agency.

"Thank you for offering me lunch, Wright. I really appreciate it."

"No problem, Miles."

I then, without thinking, hugged him. He was stiff at first, but then he came to hug me back. I was a little shocked, but not too much. We then broke apart and smiled at each other. I waved him goodbye as he waved back. I opened the door to the agency and I saw Maya, Pearl, Athena, Trucy, and even Apollo giving me the look.

"Did you guys kiss?" asked the older spirit-medium.

"No, we didn't kiss."

"I doubt it." said the magician.

I sighed and went on to the couch to take a nap. Then, I fell fast asleep and started dreaming of the dreamy prosecutor.