Chapter 2

Chapter 2~Luca

It was around twelve thirty when Luca and Alpha Joel arrived at the Red Dawn Pack's border which was made visible by the obvious markings of pack members and splashes of scattered red liquid that coated two large wooden poles at the entrance to the pack.

Luca held her breath slowly. The markings were strong and evident. This pack was clearly trying to make it clear that this territory belonged to them.

"The pack house that we are meeting at is over there," Alpha Joel pointed to a scruffy large white house. It was towards the entrance towards the pack and was easy to spot.

Luca felt herself sweating, although the air was chilly and brisk outside with few raindrops coating the Camaro's windshield.

"What are we going to talk about at the meeting?" Luca mumbled, trying to hide the nervousness that crept inside her soft sweet voice.

Alpha Joel straightened up in his seat glancing at the Red Dawn pack house. He pulled his dark black sunglasses off of his head, placing them back in the compartment inside the car.

"Hunting, mates, business. Things like that." He replied coolly. Luca nodded her head slowly making her amber hair bounce around her ears.

There were several pack members from the Red Dawn Pack patrolling the entrance way and also the streets. When Luca passed them, they would squint their eyes at the red car to get a glimpse inside the vehicle. Alpha Joel noticed this, so he casually offered a salute to the fellow soldiers and a curt nod, acting almost like he was the Alpha of the place. The soldiers responded with a larger salute, offering the Alpha of their neighboring pack with as much respect as they probably showed the Alpha of their own pack.

"Park right there." Alpha Joel instructed his daughter, who turned the wheel tightly and surprisingly parked the car right into the parking space in front on the pack house. Luca let out a deep sigh while closing her eyes.

"Sweetie, you don't really even have to do anything but watch. I don't know why you're so nervous.." Alpha Joel smiled at his daughter. He could understand her nerves, though. He remembered when he first started going to Alpha meetings with his own father how scared he had been, even though he never said a word the whole time.

"I know. It's just the thought that one day I will have to lead a pack. One day I'm going to have to be in charge and responsible for lives... I just... I'm not ready." Luca croaked. It felt good to tell her father of her fears because he would understand. He had been through the same thing when he was around her age. It was a thing of life that she would just have to get used to.

"You say that now, but when you meet your mate, the one who will rule with you, you'll change your mind." Alpha Joel patted his daughter's back remembering the feeling of authority and confidence that had rushed over his younger self when he was becoming Alpha. That had been almost thirty years ago and here he was, ruling the same pack with little troubles at all.

"Now come on, we're seriously going to be late if we wait any longer."

The two of them rushed out of the car. Luca carried some blueberry muffins in a bag that her mother had made for them to bring to the meeting. She held the bag nervously, thinking to herself that she would probably be the youngest one at the meeting.

Alpha Joel walked up towards the large white door. He knocked several times before being let in by a muscular guard.

"Good Afternoon, I'm Alpha Joel from the Moon Shadow Pack. I'm here for the meeting."

The guard nodded, opening the white door wider so that the Alpha could enter the pack house.

"The meeting room is over there," The guard pointed to a large conference room that was filled with chatter. Luca handed the guard the bag of muffins nervously.