Chapter 1

A/N: If you were familiar with this story before, you'll see that I've changed all of the characters names. I think this improves the story a lot more. There is still a lot of work to be done. Bear with me, some spots are still pretty rough and inconsistent. 

On another important note: I AM LOOKING FOR A NEW COVER! I like the current cover, the only problem is that I want to change the title of the book and I also have a different username. If you can help me out, please message me. I will critique or vote for a story of your choice in return, of course.

Please leave comments and votes! 

Alright, that is all. 

Thanks and enjoy!

-NJ

******************************************

Chapter 1~Luca

Luca Williams sat patiently at her bedroom window with a cup of coffee in her hands. Her bright blue eyes stared out into the open wooded areas below and all around her. The constant pitter patter of rain made her skin prickle each time a drop hit the window.

She slowly pulled her arms across her chest, feeling chilled. Her amber colored hair fell delicately over her sprightly blue eyes.

The outside sky was bleak and uninviting, making Luca want to curl back up in bed and go to sleep. It was already almost noon, though, and she knew that if she was late for brunch with the neighboring pack, her father would have her head. She wiped her eyes before taking another swig of her cold cup of coffee. She wiped her soft red lips on her pink shirt sleeve creating a brownish smudge on her clothing.

"Luca! Luca!" A screech sounded at the entrance to Luca's large upstairs bedroom located on the second floor of the Alpha Mansion.

A shaggy brown haired short boy slammed the white bedroom door open, causing the door to sound with a bang as it hit loudly and forcefully against the light green bedroom walls of Luca's room.

Luca jumped slightly but then calmed down once she realized it was only her youngest brother, Graham. Her coffee spilled slightly over the edge of the blue mug landing a drop on Luca's blue jeans.

Graham rushed into the room towards his oldest sibling. His shaggy brown hair was bouncing slightly with each little step he took.

"Graham, how many times do I have to tell you to stop slamming doors?" Luca laughed sarcastically rubbing her brother's soft amber colored hair. Graham's green eyes looked up at Luca with anticipation.

"I'm sorry," He whined tugging at his sister's hand. "Dad says he's ready to go and while you're gone, guess what I get to do?"

Luca rolled her blue eyes. Her hand was still clutching silently to her brother's hand, which appeared almost as big as her own when placed side by side.

"What?" There was a smile spread across her face as she watched Graham's eyes green lit up with excitement.

"Dad said I could go hunting if I bring someone with me!" Graham burst with excitement. "I'm gonna catch the biggest deer you ever sa-"

"I'm sure you will, Graham." Luca claimed hugging her littlest brother tightly.

Her gaze returned to the outside window briefly where a sigh escaped her lips. The rain outside was picking up again and began to dot the window with clear raindrops.

"What's wrong, Luca?" Graham leaned into the window like his sister, trying to get a glimpse of what Luca could be looking at.

"Oh, nothing." Luca starred Graham in the eyes. "You just know how fun those meetings are.." She rolled her eyes sarcastically at her brother, who had begun to laugh.