of course

dedicated to dripping-sarcasm , because i said i would. i made a promise. i always keep my promises.

***

Well this is fan-fucking-tastic.

Remus would have said so, too. He was just a bit busy running.

Filch's shouts chased them down the corridor.

"You'll be expelled for this! Wait 'til I tell Dumbledore!"

The boys ignored him.

"Come back here you bastards!"

The marauders had been in some close shaves before, but this was probably one of the worst. Filch and his stupid cat, Mrs Norris, were very close by, eager to throw them out of the school.

Sirius tripped. "Oh shit - !"

Remus pulled him back up and they continued their bid for freedom.

"This way!" Remus whispered, running right, still holding tightly to Sirius' hand.

James and Peter ran left.

"No I said - oh fuck them in the foreheads."

The two boys raced through the corridors as silently as possible, utterly terrified. Remus looked for a place to hide, wishing his head would stop spinning - it was making things a little difficult.

He stopped abruptly. Sirius ran into him.

"What are you - ?"

"In here." Remus pushed the other boy into a cupboard, glanced behind him, and then closed the doors. This is so cliché, he thought.

Not that he was really complaining.

They were both gasping, trying to catch their breath and failing quite badly. Remus leaned against the wood, wiping sweat from his forehead. His brain throbbed with a peculiar cocktail of alcohol, adrenaline and relief.

Filch ran past, his hoarse yells lingering for a while after he'd left.

"I said this was a bad idea," Remus muttered.

"You still came along."

"Still knew it was a bad idea."

Sirius rolled his eyes. "You say that every time. Doesn't stop you, does it?"

Scowling, Remus sat down heavily in a corner, deciding his brain wasn't functioning well enough to reply. Sirius wasn't having that, though.

"No, tell me, why do you always say it's a bad idea but still join in? Huh?"

"Go away." Through the drunken haze that had thickened his head, Remus felt a strange urge to do... something. He didn't really know what, but it was certainly... alluring.

"No, I want an answer." His words were mushed together.

Remus stood up clumsily, feeling vaguely angry. "Why do you want to fight about this?"

"Why are you always such a hypocrite?"

He shoved Sirius against the back of the cupboard, thrusting a knee between two shaky legs, their bodies pressed suddenly close together.

Sirius looked up with wide, clouded eyes, mouth falling open. He tried to push Remus off, but the taller boy grabbed his wrists and pinned them forcefully to either side of him.

"Hey - "

Remus didn't know what inspired him to do it (he would blame the beer later), but he leaned down, his lips touching Sirius' ear.

"Do you want to say that again?" His voice was little more than a purr. A low, malicious purr.

There was a loud, heavy silence. The air closed in around them - their panting was harsh and elevated. Remus could feel his blood racing through him at a ridiculous speed. It had become incredibly hot.

"Well?" The soft shell of his ear brushed against Remus' mouth. He wondered what it would taste like if he bit it.

Sirius gulped. "No, I-I'm fine, it's f-fine, 'tis all c-cool, nothin' to see h-here..."

"You stutter when you're nervous." Remus chuckled. Sirius shivered, shifting his wrists (which were still being held tightly).

"S-so? Doesn't mean th-that every t-time I stutter I'm n-nervous."

Remus pressed a little closer, leaving no space between them. He could feel the hard, burning lines of the body under him: feel the soft curves and taut muscles. Every part of Sirius' figure was against Remus' own, and it felt absolutely delicious.

Sirius squeaked.

"I'm not so sure about that."

A high-pitched giggle issued from somewhere beneath him. Remus grinned to himself, feeling weirdly proud, knowing that Sirius couldn't see him.

"Say you're sorry," Remus murmured, dragging a hand slowly up Sirius' arm, letting it rest possessively on Sirius' chest.

"N-no." His voice shook a little, but Sirius seemed quite definite.

Growling low in his throat, Remus pushed Sirius against the wood again. Not hard, because that would have hurt, but enough that it would shock him.

Sirius whined, straining against the other boy (but not actually making much effort).

"Apologise."

"S-sorry, I'm sorry!"

Remus didn't know why he was doing this. Well, he knew why he wanted to do this, but he hadn't ever acted on those urges before. Maybe he had drunk too much.

"Is this okay?"

"I - yes. Yes."

All Remus knew for sure was that when he very, very lightly licked Sirius' earlobe, and the other boy whimpered softly and pushed a cold nose into Remus' neck, something in his chest felt satisfied - as though he had claimed Sirius. As though they both deserved this.

"Er... Rem?"

He blinked. "What?"

"Why are you - ?"

"Guys?" A voice that sounded irritatingly like James' whispered through the door. "Are you in there?"

"Filch is gone." And there was Peter.

Remus jumped away quickly, the beginnings of a bright red blush forming on his ears. "Yeah, we're in here."

James slowly opened the door, his head poking cautiously around the frame. Seeing the two of them, he sighed in relief and opened it further.

"Thank God, you're not having sex."

The two boys staggered out of the cupboard [A/N: it ain't a closet, sorry guys], choking on air.

"Why would we be having sex?!" It was Sirius who asked.

Peter shrugged. "Why wouldn't you?"

Bickering quietly, the boys stumbled back to their dorm, James and Peter still saying that it was a likely scenario, the other two disagreeing as vocally as possible, because of course they wouldn't be having sex, and they didn't want to, either.

No way. Nu-uh. Nope.

And yet...

Remus and Sirius avoided each other's gaze for the rest of the journey.