xxii

22.

Visiting the Uchiha compound wasn't new to Kyoya.

After all, Kyoya often fetched Itachi here whenever he was bored. Watching the black-haired doe-eyed small animal manage other adorable small animals in order to play at being a protector always made Kyoya's day, so it was pretty much all he did these past few months.

(They were so adorable - so serious, as they organized themselves with a discipline that astonished even him considering their young age.)

(He wasn't quite used to it at first actually, since Kyoya originally started doing patrols for shit and giggles and he knew better than to expect more for toddlers that hadn't quitted their thumb-sucking phase yet.)

(Even Kyoya's own disciplinary committee took a lot of his time and effort before it could become the fearsome organization it was before he died, however-)

(The small animals here were truly exceptional. All had the potential to be ferocious carnivores and with enough polishing, Kyoya was confident they could become a powerful player in this world on their own right.)

(Kyoya, of course, wasn't conceited enough to think that the present "friendship-association-that-advocate-for-peace" - as advertised by the masked ninja they conned into the club - was solely because of him.)

(He was self-aware enough to know that the first small animal he took under his wing was a genius and with the dog-girl helping in building interpersonal relations with toddlers of budding exceptional talent - a Hyuuga Kou was one notable example - they eventually had an...army.)

(Kyoya got his daily entertainment dose from these babies, so he didn't mind that they were using him as a mascot.)

The coloring of the people inside the compound was nostalgic, so Kyoya could even say that he actually liked making the trip. The black hair and dark eyes made him feel as if the world was in order again and washed his eyes from the shocking array of hair colors and eye-colors available in this universe.

Kyoya could barely tolerate the brunettes and blonds in his Namimori since most were often flaunting the rules set by the school in an attempt to look better than their peers, so the addition of violet, green or Kami forbid, even pink-

It made his skin itch. If not for the fact that he knew it was grown naturally, Kyoya would have made an attempt in beating them up a long time ago - regardless of the fact that he didn't even have the strength to do so.

The Uchihas cold and aloof temperament was also admirable - in line with his own, actually - and made him nod in approval, so it truly wasn't a hardship to visit from time to time.

His friendship with their heir and whispers of how he admired their work also spread throughout the compound so he was looked at favorably all in all with grandmas patting his cheeks lightly as they stuffed him up with food and guards looking at him with approval - glancing the other way despite Itachi's father's orders to hinder Kyoya's intermittent abduction of his kid.

Kyoya, in short, enjoyed the whole Uchiha compound experience and them being unpineapple-like was a very huge bonus.

But today, Kyoya had a solid reason for going this time.

His family was even formally invited so he had his mother as chaperone instead of the usual guards.

If only he didn't have to wear a fancy yukata, then everything would be pretty much perfect. However, his carnivore of a mother insisted on him putting on the clothing with a voice that would tolerate no complaints and Kyoya felt it was too tiring to even fight for it since the outfit wasn't pink this time.