Ch-27 Just like Cinderella's Prince Charming...

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                                       -Aameen.

Dedicated to jaitoon for her blessed name and her blessed Duas ;)

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Just like Cinderella’s Prince Charming…  

Goa, India

The warm breeze did its best to smooth the ruffled mind and soothe the aching heart of Maryam as she walked about the serenely picturesque beach, her naked feet digging in the golden sand and reveling in their floury gentle touch. Separating herself from the ship’s passengers, crew and even from the girls, Maryam had felt that she just wanted to be left alone as she thought and wondered about her intense feelings for a man who had left without even a word and who most probably, would forget all about her soon.

Even after she had declared of how she felt for him, he had made no response and the hurt caused by his silence had been terrible, while the fear of what he had thought of her gnawed the life out of her…it was only after the appearance and words of Humaira that she seemed to come back to sanity.

Yet because of that for the first time, Maryam began to see the practical side. And it was not flattering to her. Deep inside, she knew that this family was far beyond her…that he was much superior to her from character to everything and her heart sank realizing that she won’t suit him at all, for she felt that she would fail him miserably.

Her upbringing, style, outlook etc all clashed with his and the ever bugging knowledge that she knew next to nothing about her own religion while for him it seemed to be his way of life had brought constant tears as she wished yearningly why she wasn’t someone like Humaira…maybe then he would have noticed her.

She had shuddered and sobbed through the nights as her heart kept whispering that if he had only looked and smiled at her, she would have done anything for him.

Maryam knew that with his smile and words by her side –she would become someone he would be proud of… Yet the smile and words seemed to be beyond her reach now as she walked by the shore, her lips curving into a bittersweet smile as her eyes read the words of Humaira that she had saved in the Draft messages of her phone.

Sabrun Jameel (Beautiful Patience) comes with Hasbi Allah (Trust in Allah –Allah will suffice me!)

Lifting her eyes from the screen to the majestic waves, Maryam wondered whether Sabrun Jameel was going on normally with the life while their heart bleeds their soul out…  and Hasbi Allah? –Trust in God? Trust in Allah? How could she do that when the same Lord seemed to take from her everything which she comes to love…almost her whole life - her father whom she had adored had repelled her and her mother who had been indifferent to her, had still been a mother yet she too was removed from her life during the period when she had needed support the most.

She had given up her modeling dream for her father’s sake and had begun to do whatever he wished, so that she could see the happiness and pride that glowed in his face from the knowledge that his daughter was doing right, until now…  what does she get in the end now? The warmth and expression draining from Saif’s dark eyes flashed in her mind and with a suppressed moan, Maryam closed her eyes raging inside –oh why she couldn’t just forget him… why she was even alive.