2-Virgina, Foxworth Hall

Maaria's POV

Maaria's POV

Waking up next to Christopher....or at least his bed was more soothing than probably waking up to my own, but Christopher wasn't here. Looking at the clock on his wall. I get up and put on my robe that was on the floor and head towards the door opening it carefully not wanting to get any attention.

I slipped into my room and changed into a little shirt with washed skinny jeans, pulling my hair into a ponytail and washing my face, making sure the tears were not stained. I walked out of my room and into the living room seeing Christopher and Cathy with Mother.

"Morning, is there anything I can do Mother? Perhaps make some breakfast?" I asked politely. Everyone looked at me and I felt a bit nervous.

"Maria....it's the afternoon. You slept through the day." Cathy says.

I stood there shocked but nod my head, and sit next to Cathy on the couch as Mother was going to explain something to us.

"Well you know all those letters I sent? Well I finally got a response. It's all working out as I'd hoped. We can go live with your grandmother, in Virginia." Wait what? What Grandmother? Me and Cathy look at Mother in disbelief.

"What Grandmother?" Christopher asked and I spoke up afterwards.

"You and Father said that we never had any family." We all looked back at Mother as she tried to explain to us.

"Well, it's complicated. My parents and I, we didn't see eye-to-eye, so we thought it was best to keep our distance, but with your Father gone, this is our best hope for now." Mother sits on the coffee table and I sit in between Cathy and Christopher, as feeling something will happen just didn't know when.

"What about school? And all of our friends?" Christopher asks.

"My ballet classes?" Cathy asks. I've never seen such a beautiful ballet dancer.

"And my drama club? I'm the president of the drama club Mom!" I exclaimed furiously. She looks at us three and sighs.

"You three are old enough to understand, to help your Mother out of a desperate situation." But....something doesn't feel right.

"But we still have the house. And I can get a part-time job and Maria could help with the twins and Cathy could help Maria with the twins as well." Mother sits in front of us on the coffee table and takes Christopher's hands into hers.

"People have a way of believing that nothing bad can ever happen and your father was doing so well at his job, so...we charged against our future." Me and Cathy get curious right now.

"What do you mean?" Cathy asks and our Mother touches her necklace that Dad gave her.

"Nothing here is really ours. Not the furniture, the cars, your toys...n-not even this necklace. It's been four months and I've been holding them at bay, but the bank is gonna come and take it all away. Look, I know it sounds scary, but I've saved the best news for last. My family is rich. Not middle class rich, but unbelievably wealthy and they have one of the finest homes in all of Virginia, with servants and acres of land and their very own lake." Christopher let's out a small laugh and looks at us smiling.