8- The Escape Plan & Mystery Deaths

Maaria's POV

Maaria's POV

I woke up and found Christopher sitting at the table with the Bible in his hand. I noticed that my hair had grew longer a bit and I rubbed my eyes, to get awake.

I walked over to him and gently placed a hand on his shoulder as he advertised looking at me. I leaned closely a bit.

"I know what we did was wrong, but I don't care Christopher. Felt good didn't it? And romantic?" He smiles a bit and I smile, but then Grandmother came in gasping and setting down the brown basket.

"What is the meaning of this?" I looked at her.

"Nothing." I said far too quickly, but Christopher had another idea.

"You were right all along. We are the devil's spawn. "When someone wants to do wrong, it's never God who's tempting him... for God never wants to do wrong and never tempts anyone else to do it.
Temptation is the pull of man's own evil thoughts and wishes." Can you ever forgive us?"

I looked Christopher in horror, not believing he's doing this right now. He kneels down taking his hand into her's ask he asked for forgiveness as she placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Only the lord can forgive you, boy. Prayer is the key to your salvation." Grandmother leaves and locks the door. I moved closer to Christopher, confused as seeing he was laughing.

"No. This is our key." He fooled her and got a print of the key. I smiled and he looked at me.

Later on the day Christopher was up in the attic and I was with Cathy explaining what we're doing. Cathy was beautiful but something pulled me off, something about her was not right. I went up into the attic and saw Christopher making the key from the print.

"This is the master key. It should work on all the doors, even the front one." I sighted and played with the edge of that table.

"I wish we could escape tonight."

"Well, we need money. Lots of it. So when we escape, we can go wherever we want."

"We can steal...from the house." I suggested.

"If grandmother catches us, she'll whip us. She probably keeps track of every single penny."

"But not Mother. Dad always said she was careless
with money." I said. It was true Mother never really cared on a budget, she always sprinted money away.

Later that night we went to Mom's room. I was currently in the closet and I found a few stuff. Cash, some gold, and some more stuff. Then I picked up a book in Mom's safe, which I shouldn't have done. I gasped gently and kept on looking at the pictures.

"We can't take too much or she might notice. Maria, what's the matter? Are you deaf?"

I shake my head and gave the book to Christopher. He looked at it and I kept looking around, until I found my present from Dad, they were still wrapped up. I took them out of the drawer and started to unbox it. One was a necklace, golden chain and the other was a ring, similar to Cathy's but with a golden diamond instead. We took whatever was possible, including my gifts from Father. We returned and found Cathy unwell. I rushed to the bathroom and put a cold towel on her head. The following morning, me and Christopher were counting the money we had taken.