Chapter Seven

The sounds of Beyonce's "Diva" echoed in the quiet bedroom, stirring Isabella from sleep. Sitting up, she reached over and found her phone on the nightstand, pressing the accept button knowing exactly who it was.

"Good morning, Lana," she said, wiping a hand down her face.

She looked over at Tom and smiled warmly at the sight. He had fallen asleep while he was reading, still sitting up, book in hand. It had to be the cutest thing she'd ever seen. Turning her camera on, she snapped a quick picture with her phone. After taking it, she had a second of regret, wondering if she shouldn't have done that. She resolved that she'd make sure nobody saw it. Lost in thought, she'd forgotten that she was still on the phone with Lana.

"Hello!!" Lana screamed into the phone, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Oh, right, sorry!" Isabella whispered, trying not to wake up Tom. Slowly and carefully, she got out of bed and made her way out into the living room to sit on the couch.

"So what's up?" Isabella said, continuing to whisper even though she was not in earshot of the man slumbering in the next room.

"Oh, not much. Just wondering where my best friend disappeared to. She came home briefly yesterday and then I never heard from her again. Just checking to see if she's still alive."

Lana sounded more amused than upset, leading Isabella to believe that she was concerned, but also fishing for details.

"Oh, please you just want to know if we had sex, right?"

"Isabella, I am offended! How could you think... Well, yes, but that's because I knew you were safe with Tom."

Isabella held back her laughter, shaking her head at her friend.

"Well, I'll probably be home at some point today to give you the full story, but no, we did not have sex. But... some other things happened."

She paused, holding her breath and listening for any sound coming from the other line. A predictable squeal came through and she snickered at her friend.

"Oh my gosh, what are you trying to tell me right now? You better be coming home because I want details ASAP! I will cancel all my clients today if I have to!"

"No! Don't do that! When is your first appointment?"

"Not until this afternoon."

"Ok then, it's only 8. I'll come home soon. I need to get some work done anyway."

"Don't rush back on my account. I wouldn't want to interrupt the love fest," Lana said with a smile in her voice.

"Oh hush, you."

"Seriously though. Enjoy it. You deserve it. He seems like a really good guy. Let him spoil you rotten!"

"Yes, well, he's certainly done a smashing job so far. I feel silly allowing myself to entertain the idea that this could be my life," Isabella said, half-heartedly.

"It is a once in a lifetime thing to meet someone like him the way you did, but everything happens for a reason. And the more absurd it is, the more it is meant to be in my opinion. So go with it and see where it leads. You owe yourself that much."

A hand on her shoulder startled her before she could answer and she turned to see the handsome vision of Tom standing before her, bleary-eyed with hair sticking up in all places.

"Sorry, I hope I didn't wake you. It's only Lana," she said to him and he nodded his head in understanding.

"No, I didn't hear you to be honest. Morning, Lana!"