Chapter 14

"Fontaine....maybe we should get back to finding Proteus.." Finn sighed as they pulled apart. Fontaine nodded, her head dropped. Finns soft hand reached it and made her face him again. Her eyes were full of tears. She forced a smile. Finn opened his mouth but Fontaine cut him off.
"Look. I was so scared I was gonna lose you. I meant what I said I need you and I love you" He blushed heavily as she spoke.
"I love you too" Once again their lips collided and Fontaine felt her body heat up.
"When we find Proteus I am going to ask Nereus if I can kill him or at least push him off a cliff" Finn laughed as Fontaine turned red with anger. Fontaine turned to him and began to laugh. Redness falling off her face.
      "Wait?!? Couldn't you use the ephemycron powers?" Finn asked her. Realisation hit Fontaine. She could.
"With the power of the seven seas I call you to me. Ephemycron here" As always the ephemycron appeared in Fontaine's hands. And as always she smiled.
"You know you could just get up and get it" Finn suggested. Fontaine turned to face him. A warning glare on her face. "Or you could keep doing that" Fontaine nodded, a smug smile printed on her face.
"Right. With the Power of the Seven Seas show me Proteus!" They saw him hiding in a white corridor.
"Wait isn't that the Aronex??" Finn asked, worry resounding in his voice. They fell silent. Not a sound escaped their mouths. The room was so silent you could hear a pin drop.
    A footstep echoed through the empty halls of the Aronex. Fontaine and Finn crept out of the room. Proteus came around the corner. Finns anger over came him and he tackled Proteus. The man fell to the ground. Fontaine smirked as she walked closer.
"Don't move" She snarled at him.
"Very good Children.." Nereus smiled as he came to meet the crowd.
"Nereus?? Have you put a tracker on the Aronex?" Fontaine asked him.
"Maybe. Maybe Not. Who can tell"
"Right I forgot no straight answers" She replied sarcasm filled the room.
"He's in here!" Nereus shouted and a group of Guardians came to arrest him.
"Nereus?" Fontaine asked as they dragged him out.
"Yes Fontaine?"
"Can I kill him? Or at least push him off a cliff?" Nereus chuckled. "I'm serious"
"Then I'm afraid not. But I assure you he will not enjoy his time with the Guardians" the two teens nodded and watched Nereus leave.
"Right now back to finding your parents" Finn smiled at Fontaine.
"Hopefully" Fontaine responded, "Hopefully"