Chapter 9

Alpheus's submarine stood there, motionless. Fontaines face filled with nerves and worry. Finn walked over to her, his eyes met hers. His hand gripped hers.
"You've got this. And I'll be with you every step of the way" He smiled at her. As their hands touched Fontaine flinched. The warmth of his hands, his soft hands, she knew he loved her, but how she felt about him she didn't know.
     "Thanks" she smiled back. "Anyway" she pulled her hand out of his. He looked hurt, but he knew she needed to get her family back. "Let's go" he smiled and the two teens made their way into the rover.
      Fontaines heart was racing, sweat poured down her face. He reached over to her and placed his hand on her leg.
"Hey it's gonna be ok"
"Yeah. I know." She smiled. "We're here" the two teens stepped out of the rover and into Alpheus's submarine. The idiot had left the door open. Their eyes scanned the room for anything suspicous, but no matter how hard they tried they couldn't find anything. But deep in her gut Fontaine knew something was wrong, and that something awful was going to happen.
     Their faces turned to meet one anothers before entering the sub. As they stepped out Fontaines heart raced. 'Thump' it was loud. 'Thump' and getting louder. 'THUMP!!!' wait this couldn't be her heart, it was something else. She spun around. There stood Ant.