Part 9

Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy, Ivy, Emily, Lucy and I were in the common room talking, well everyone except Emily. She was trying to hide behind me, failing.  Draco was in the middle of one of his many flying stories.

  At three-thirty that afternoon, the Slytherins were already waiting for Gryffindors, and so were twenty broomsticks lying in neat lines on the ground.

‘I hate school brooms…’

Madam Hooch, arrived.

  "Well, what are you all waiting for?" she barked. "Everyone stand by a broomstick. Come on, hurry up."

    "Stick out your right hand over your broom," called Madam Hooch at the front, "and say 'Up!"'

  "UP” everyone shouted.

  Draco, Harry, and I’s brooms jumped to our hand at once.

‘This grade is practically a gift.’

Madam Hooch then showed us how to mount their brooms without sliding off the end, and walked up and down the rows correcting everyone’s grips. She told Draco he'd been doing it wrong for years.

  "Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground, hard," said Madam Hooch. "Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet, and then come straight back down by leaning forward slightly. On my whistle -- three -- two --"

  But Neville, nervous and jumpy and frightened of being left on the ground, pushed off hard before the whistle had touched Madam Hooch's lips.

  "Come back, boy!" she shouted, but Neville was rising straight up like a cork shot out of a bottle -- twelve feet -- twenty feet. He looked down at the ground falling away, saw him gasp, slip sideways off the broom and --

  WHAM -- a thud and a nasty crack and Neville lay facedown on the grass in a heap. His broomstick was still rising higher and higher.

  Madam Hooch was bending over Neville, her face as white as his.  I quickly retrieved the broom that was flying away.

  "Broken wrist” She muttered. "Come on, boy -- it's all right, up you get.".

  She turned to the rest of the class.

  "None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you can say 'Quidditch.' Come on, dear."

  Neville, his face tear-streaked, clutching his wrist, hobbled off with Madam Hooch, who had her arm around him.

  No sooner were they out of earshot than Draco, of course, burst into laughter.

  "Did you see his face, the great lump?"

  The other Slytherins joined in, I tried to hold back my laughter, but ultimately failed.

  "Shut up, Malfoy," snapped Parvati Patil.

  "Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom?" said Pansy Parkinson, a hard-faced Slytherin girl. "Never thought you'd like fat little crybabies, Parvati."

  "Look!" said Malfoy, darting forward and snatching something out of the grass. "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him."

  The Remembrall glittered in the sun as he held it up.

  "Give that here, Malfoy," said Harry quietly. Everyone stopped talking to watch.

  Draco smiled nastily.

  "I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find -- how about -- up a tree?"

  "Give it here!" Harry yelled, but Draco had leapt onto his broomstick and taken off.  Hovering level with the topmost branches of an oak he called, "Come and get it, Potter!"

  Harry grabbed his broom.

  "No!" shouted Hermione Granger. "Madam Hooch told us not to move -- you'll get us all into trouble."

  Harry ignored her. He mounted the broom and kicked hard against the ground and up, up he soared; air rushed through his hair, and his robes whipped out behind. He pulled his broomstick up a little to take it even higher, and heard screams and gasps of girls back on the ground and an admiring whoop from Ron.

  He turned his broomstick sharply to face Draco in midair. Draco looked stunned.

  "Give it here," Harry called, "or I'll knock you off that broom!" "Oh, yeah?" said Malfoy, trying to sneer, but looking worried.

Isabella: “I don’t think so.” I got on the broom and flew up to them, Harry was about to knock him off, but I grabbed the end of his broom and pulled him back.

Harry: “Isabella!”

I gave him a stern look of disapproval. Draco picking on people is no better, but i'd have gotten it for him later. There was no need to start something.

  "Catch it if you can, then!" Draco shouted, and he threw the glass ball high into the air and streaked back toward the classroom window. I flew over and blocked it from hitting the glass, but I hit it hard toward another wall. I saw Proffesor Mcgonagoll and quickly landed to avoid her seeing me. Harry rushed over and caught it.

"HARRY POTTER!"

 Professor McGonagall was running toward them. Harry got to his feet, trembling.

  "Never -- in all my time at Hogwarts --"

  Professor McGonagall was almost speechless with shock, and her glasses flashed furiously, "-- how dare you -- might have broken your neck --"

  "It wasn't his fault, Professor --"

  "Be quiet, Miss Patil

  "But Malfoy --"

  "That's enough, Mr. Weasley. Potter, follow me, now."

Flint’s POV

 I was looking out the window and saw the first years on brooms. Malfoy had taken something and Harry potter was up with him and his Slytherin sister Isabella. I’d saw Isabella around here before, but I didn’t know that she could be a keeper. She had blocked the object from hitting the window and breaking it from a good distance away and got to it just in time.

“Proffessor, may I go to the restroom?”

Isabella’s POV

“Potter!”

I heard my name being called, so I turned toward him. It was Flint, captain of the Slytherin quidditch team.

“What would you say if I offered you the position of keeper?”

Isabella: “Yes!”

Flint: “I’ll get everyone and we can train later.”

The slytherins applauded.

AFTER LUNCH

Isabella: “You did what!!!”

Draco: “Challenged Harry to a duel. Before you yell, let me explain. I made you my second, but neither of us will be there and it will get Potter and Weasley in trouble.”

Isabella: “If they were dumb enough to fall for it then, oh well.”