Part 13

It was the middle of December. We were in the great Hall eating when the mail came. There wasn't many owls that came that day since there was a blizzard outside. I didn't let Galen go, since i was afraid that he'd get sick. After we ate we went to Potions class. It was so cold down there that we can see our breath. Most of us dressed in layers. Draco turned to me. "What are you doing for the holidays?" "I'm staying here with my dad." I answered. "At least your family is here. I do feel so sorry for those people who stay at Hogwarts because they're not wanted at home." Draco said while looking at Harry. Emily dropped her book and quickly picked it up. "I don't," I spoke up, "If they aren't wanted at home then they should stay here and have a good Christmas."

After potions, on the way out, we ran into Hagrid. He had a tree and Harry and Ron were seeing if they could help. Draco wasn't patient though. "Would you mind moving out of the way?" He saw Ron and i knew what was coming. "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Weasley? Hoping to be gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose -- that hut of Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to what your family's used to." "Draco!" I yelled. Sometimes i can't believe him. Ron jumped at Draco when Dad came up the stairs. "WEASLEY!" He yelled. Ron let go of Draco. Hagrid spoke to defend Ron, "He was provoked Professor Snape. Malfoy was insulting his family." "Be that as it may, fighting is against Hogwarts ruled, Hagrid." Dad took the words right out of my mouth. "Five points from Gryffindor, Weasley, and be gratefiul it isn't more." He added. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle pushed their way through; scattering needles everywhere. I simply said 'excuse me' and Hagrid moved back enough to let me through.

After lessons, i sent the gifts i sent the gifts out that i had gotten everyone.