Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Ariel's POV

Wade showers with me, and while I can barely stand, he helps me stand. His hands wash me, every inch. Every touch is purely friendly. Helpful. Well, maybe a few squeezes on my ass and tits, but it made me whimper so he'd only do it gently.

I just stare at Wade's torso in the shower. I couldn't meet his eyes after how far I allowed myself to be used. How much I loved every second... it was a bit embarrassing.

Then, when Wade pulled me out and towelled me off, he made me sit on the toilet while he went to get me some clothes.

I sat for a while but eventually he popped in with a black slim line outfit, something very simple; almost soldier like.

I already know it must be one of Lexa's old outfits.

I pull it on and Wade and I say nothing of importance besides 'here' 'there' 'wait' or 'move'. It's totally uniform and it's starting to feel foreboding.

Wade finally stands close to me, slipping an arm around my back, he carefully hauls me up to his chest, cradling me as he murmurs, "...come on."

I feel nothing, because if I let myself realise what's happening – I'll start crying and never stop.

Wade carries me out of the room and down the corridor. Through each room I see each Zenith, Micha at his computer, Terrell passed out with his arm above his head, Irving standing in his room, staring through the gap in his door, glaring after us.

Wade takes me down to the garage and he sits me in the front passenger seat of his car.

I'm confused, but I watch him grab a pair of pliers and yank off his house arrest device.

I'm still weak and dizzy, but the moment Wade is free of the device, he hurries into the car, starts it up and takes off out of the property.

I sit, starry eyed, brain numbed and tired.

I liked the way he fucked. I think this simple thought, on repeat, about a thousand times.

I wish I could say something but I still barely know anything about him.

Wade doesn't even put on music.

I've shown him the card I secured for the trip home and without a word... he was helping me out.

Maybe I was just a one nighter for him.

I never wanted to be that girl; but I guess I was now.

Wade parks his car in the city on the street in plain view of everyone, close to where I remember the Transpendiser is secretly located.

Wade hurries out of the car and waits for me to stand, before slamming the door shut and putting his arm around my waist again. He helps me walk because I'm limping and so, so very sore.

I had been seconds from passing out when Wade stopped the game.

I was thankful, even if Irving wasn't.

Wade takes me into the correct building, with the lights dim and the room devoid of anything or anyone, it's an empty place. Wade takes me to the machine nestled away on the side. My ticket to home.

Wade takes the card from me and swipes it through for me.

In a rush, much?

I needed to say something, if he wasn't going to.

"They're coming for you?" I whisper it.

I hear the Transpendiser buzz to life and the sound hurts my ears.