Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Wade's POV

"No more drugs, Lexa," I feel uncomfortable with the amount she's pumping into this pretty little thing lying out before me in the lab.

"Her system is eating away at it so quickly, I need a higher concentration," Lex turns around and hurries out the door to the Chem-Maker. I didn't even know what she was putting into this cat-girl.

I see the drip pumping in more of the clear stuff and I turn to see Irving's expression.

He's really silent when he's secretly pissed with Miss Paws. Terror is pressing too many buttons on the microwave – Micha is nawing at his toe; disgusting. All nervous habits.

"Lock the door," I tell Irving.

Without a word, he turns to do it.

"What are you doing?" Terror turns as I pull out the drip from Ariel and I pick up the chain, linking it into her collar. Her hair is already eating away at it with small movements, but it would do for now.

"I don't care if Lexa has higher jurisdiction, I want this girl drug free," I snarl it quietly, watching her eyes flicker open, "Take it easy, Ariel... don't move."

She sits up.

Fucking little shit–

I tug on the chain and her head snaps to mine, "Listen to me."

Irving walks to her other side, grabbing one wrist and holding it tight. I can't believe we're being so careful with a little girl, but I am curious why Lexa has been so nervous with her.

"Speak," Irving encourages her to say something. I'm watching her strange violet eyes blinking at the chain.

"Yeah, you're collared and I got the leash, get used to it, gorgeous –" I hope saying this, will get her to speak.

I don't expect to see what happens next.

First a distraction provides her with ample opportunity to pounce on us.

Lexa's banging at the door while Terror and Micha keep it shut, poking fun at her through the window slit.

By the time I've turned my head, the leash out of my hand is gone, there is a weight on my shoulders and Irving's face is bleeding from a large gash near his eye.

I spin around and feel her legs tighten around my neck. She's on me!

Ariel is trying to choke me with her thighs! Fucking cutest thing ever!

I start barking laughter – until her claws get in my face.

She doesn't say a word.

She slips from my back, and I feel my gun's weight disappearing from my belt.

I spin and I see her before I see the bullets – they fly straight past my head, on purpose missing me.

For a second I think she's trying to kill my Zenith brothers and a snarl starts to form – until I check and I see Micha and Terror are standing tall.

Lexa is the one dead on the other side of the door.

Miss Paws –!

"Why did you kill her?" I turn and ask Ariel, while she stands back, comfortably naked – fuck she's beautiful.

"Eyes up, dog," she speaks so calmly, she doesn't have to snarl, or hiss or whisper.

I smirk but blood runs into my eyes. I wipe at them and I hold up my palm to stop the other Zenith approaching.