Chapter 6

Chapter 6 [18+ content really amps up now, don't read if you're under 18]

Ariel's POV

Three story mansion. It's three rectangles stacked on top of one another. Metal. Plain. Like every other boring house in the area. Although they had a big green lawn stretching out to the side walk.

So, this is where those dogs lived.

I was walking up and down the perimeter of their house arrest, hoping to garner their attention. I was dressed in a stolen disguise, as a 'Fetcher Girl'. They were all along the streets in Andromeda. I'm wearing their pink frilly dress with boxes of free protein snack bars shaped like bones held in my little bag at my hip. I was holding a treat in my hand, sending sly looks to the mansion windows – which were all blacked out so I couldn't actually see if they saw me... but I knew.

I knew.

I was set for my last adventure in Andromeda. A city of wide streets, lots of parks, and quite large houses on this side of town.

I had co-ordinated my exit to go home by stealing the appropriate equipment and threatening the right amount of people back at that dodgy 'hotel'. Of course, the people I threatened were dead. And all I secured was a ticket to the Transpendiser that I had previously walked through. All you needed was a pass card that guaranteed cross over; usually for spies. The Transpendiser wasn't even guarded or manned because no one knew how it worked.

None of the citizens knew it existed. Apparently it'd never been used, anyway. I was the only official cross over, and even that was covered up.

I could be home right now, but with my stolen uniform, I had a drink of water at a bar in the city and I watched a digital screen detailing the latest breaking news. Zenith's house arrest for violating protocols. I learnt a little bit more about Wade, Irving, Micha and Terrell. The footage shown was quite impressive. One particular video was Wade on his own, beating up on a crowd of people – and barely anyone touched him.

As I sat on the stool, and I heard the recorded snarls... things were happening inside me.

These Zenith's all had ferocious skill that had my blood pumping faster.

I needed to say goodbye. And possibly grab a piece of DNA in the process. That was the plan. I wanted to show my father and work out what these men really were. They called themselves wolves – but the whole city had that theme. Their DNA would tell the story.

Now, I keep pacing their arrest line. I've been doing so for awhile, but eventually I take it one step further, I show the windows the treat, I wag the treat at them and –

SMASH.

I turn to see that Wade has kicked open the front door, sending a hinge flying off.

I hold his eye and keep pacing, pretending not to have a care in the world.

No one else exits.

Wade walks to the line and I slowly come to a stop in the middle of his lawn. I throw the treat between us, at his bare feet, "You hungry?" I ask, a bit husky for what I had been thinking. He's topless, wearing loose pants only.

"So you think I won't just walk out there and drag you back over –?" as Wade is snarling it under his breath, he attempts walking over the line to prove a point.

I flounce back a pretty step or two to test him. Watching him even dare to cross over is hot as hell.

But then Wade gets shot down with currents from the device on his ankle and he falls to his knee, before rolling back over to his safety line.