Chapter Two: His and Hers

It took Billy a few seconds to realize, that Max in the mirror, staring at him is his reflection.

Leaving no time to process the situation, a noise from his own room woke him up from the shock and confusion. He could feel the blood rushing through his - Max's? - veins and a heatwave of cold sweat, in a panic fear for Max.

Almost sprinting, Billy tried to prepare himself for the worst. He had no idea, how the worst could possibly look like, but there wasn't enough time to think about it.

Slamming the door to his room open, Billy found himself staring at his own face. It was bruised and sleepy, but his. Billy shut the door.

"What the fuck did you do!?" he shrieked, loud enough to sound intimidating, quiet enough not to wake up Neil and Susan. If they even could wake up.

"What...? Who are you?" the person in front of Billy stuttered, backing up.

Billy took a shaky breath, in order to calm himself down. That didn't work.

"I am Billy Hargrove, for fuck's sake!" yelled Billy, not calm at all. "Who are you? What did you do to Max? Where is she!?"

The person with Billy's face looked just as confused and scared as Billy felt.

"Billy? Billy, It's Max!" Max cried out, covering her - Billy's? - face and turning around to the mirror.

There was Billy in the mirror. Standing where she stood. Reflecting exactly what she did.

Billy scrunched face. "Max?"

He didn't believe it, he didn't want to believe it, it was all bullshit, but now he didn't know what to believe.

Max turned back, now looking fixedly into Billy's eyes. Or her eyes, that were on the body, which Billy apparently occupied.

"What is going on? Billy did you drug us?!"

A spasm reminded Max of her headache and she doubled over in pain. Billy hurried to help her sit on his bed. It was a bit difficult because now she was a lot heavier and he was weaker.

"I certainly didn't drug you. Not that sure about myself."

After a moment of silence, Billy spoke up again. "I have no idea what is happening. This seems like... like we... switched bodies? It sounds ridiculous, but apparently, it happened."

Max shrugged. "Does your head hurt as well, or am I having a hangover?"

Billy let out something, that could be considered a laugh. "That one is on me. I'll get you an aspirin."

Max was genuinely surprised by Billy's kindness and calmness. She knew freaking out wouldn't help, but she was really frustrated and really felt like crying.

Billy reached out to one of his shelves and grabbed a small box filled with tablets.

"Here you go. Take two. It was a wild night."

Max nodded took the pills and then groaned into a pillow.

"This sucks. What do we do?"

Billy tensed. "I don't know."

"We should tell the party."

"I am not hanging out with your friends."

"Well, I am going to, so people can just assume you do."

Billy sighed. "Oh, God. But, what can they do?"

"El could do something. There are... some kinda strange things you don't know about."

"Stranger than this?"

"This is a whole different level of strange, but yeah, I'd say, there are some stranger things than this."

"I can't wait to know," said Billy a bit too sarcastically.

At that moment they both heard heavy footsteps moving closer to the room.

Hey, no one's read this yet, but if you do, then thanks! I know it's kinda dumb, but I've put a lot of effort in it, so I am posting it anyway