Chapter 12: Secret Help From Family

Alice's POV

In Anchorage, Alaska

Success! It's finally finished. Once Tanya is ready to make her decision, this will be here when she needs it. I'm sure she'll love it. It's just perfect. Not too far from home, and close distance to a daycare for Harper, so she won't have to leave her coven. After hearing Carlisles's conversation with Tanya, I knew I had to help. Since it's hard to say no to me, everyone was on board with the idea. Build a cabin for Tanya and Harper.

Thank goodness Esme's an architect, the way it's designed turned out beautiful. I'm going to find the best present to thank her for all her hard work. Maybe a big party? Oh well, I'll surprise her when we get back home.

Rosalie volunteered to take charge of decorating Harper's room. No surprise there. She loves babies. Who doesn't? I prance inside the house and surprise Esme with a hug.

"Alice" she laughs as she says my name.

"Thanks Esme." She puts a hand to mine.

"It was my pleasure, anything for family."

Esme really is the best mom ever. She's amazing. Everyone gathers around and I thank them for their help.

"Hey, anything for family. Am I right?" Emmett says with Rosalie in his arms.

"And we already know how hard is to say no to you Alice." Edward comments. He isn't wrong.

Then Jasper jumps behind me, putting his arm on my shoulders, and kisses me. "Should we call Tanya now?" He asks.

I see a vision... Harper running happily to Tanya in front of this cabin. I smile.

"I think it's about time." I pick up my phone and dial the Denali's house.
riiiiiinnngg...riiiiiing.riii—

"Hello"

"Tanya?"

"Yes? What is it Alice?"

"I want you to trust me on this. I'm sending coordinates to an area in Anchorage. Bring Harper with you."

"What for?"

"It's a surprise. Trust me. You'll love it."

She stays quiet for a while, and I hear a sigh. I can tell she's feeling unsure.

"Pleeeeaaaase. For me?" I plead.

"Alright. I'll come over as soon as I can."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Great. I'll send you the coordinates right away. See you tonight?"

"I'll be there. Bye Alice."

"Bye." The line goes dead. I send Tanya the coordinates to her cell.

Tanya's POV

I had no idea what to make of that. First, Alice asks about the key she left for Harper, and now she wants me to show up to some unknown location? What in the world is all this about?

"Is everything alright?" Carmen asks.

"Yes, everything is fine. I think. Alice called again, she wants me to bring Harper to some odd location."

"Have you asked what for?"

"You don't think I have. She wouldn't tell me. Only that it was a surprise."

Carmen thinks for a moment. "Hm, perhaps we should go and see what all the secrecy is about."

She was right. I mean it wouldn't hurt to see what all the fuss is about. My phone vibrates, and I see a text from Alice. The coordinates, along with the message "don't forget the key". Again with the key?

"You do have a point. I'll get Harper's bag ready, you get the keys."

She nods in agreement. Kate comes in through the front door "And where do you think your going?"

"We're going to see Alice. She says she has a surprise and to bring Harper. She was vague over the details."

"Then I'm coming with you."

"Kate you don't have to."

"I know. I want to, and you know as well as I do no matter what you say. You won't stop me."

She was right. As long as I can remember, Kate has always been a strong opinionated woman.

"Alright then."

"Best not forget us either." Garrett says with Garrett at his side.

"Alright, alright. Everyone can come, but you and Garrett will have to take the other car." Harper will need her space.

"No arguments there." Garrett comments.

3 Hours Later

As I drove through the snowy forest I see what looked liked a two story cabin, and standing infront of it were none other than the cousins. All together. In the back seat, I hear Harper playing with Carmen. She's waving the necklace she got her trying to get her to catch it. I park the car and remove the key from the ignition.

Alice is the first to approach us. "Now will you explain to me what all the fuss is about?"

"I'm so glad you're here. Come on I'll tell you everything." She pulls me forward toward and proceeds to tell me all about her plan. Apparently, the key she left for Harper was the key for this cabin. For me and her to stay in together. A few hours away from Denali, and not too far from the nearest daycare.

I couldn't believe it, this was the solution to my dilemma. I hug Alice in delight, and thank the cousins for their involvement. My coven was on board with the plan. Kate especially. How did I get to be so lucky?