Chapter 8: First Picnic

Tanya's POV

So far I've hunted two bears and one moose

So far I've hunted two bears and one moose. I need to remind myself to hunt more. I don't want to ever put Harper in any danger. I run through the forests, hearing giggling far ahead.

It was Harper

It was Harper. My little one. She was at the picnic spot with the rest of my coven. Humans are not aware of this spot. It's not encouraged for them to wonder around in this area, not with all the predators out and about. A long time ago me and my sisters found this place. We loved how beautiful it was; the sight of the snowy mountains, the huge lake, the mass of forests. It became our "secret spot". It hurts to remember. These once happy memories we made with Irina are another reminder of the pain. I know that it will be alright. With Harper in our lives we can now make new memories together. I see her playing with Eleazar and Carmen. He is throwing her in the air and catching her again.

"Be careful." I tell him.

"It's alright Tanya. I'm being gentle. See, she's having fun."

He throws her in the air again, Harper just laughs hysterically. She keeps raising her arms excitedly, then she sees me and points her little arms at my direction.

"Momma." She calls out.

I go to her and leave hands out, without hesitation she falls into my arms with a big smile on her face.

"Hello little one. Missed me?"

She lays her head on my shoulder. I put my hand on her head and rock her. I stare into her eyes. How did I get to be so lucky? I didn't realize until it was too late that the sun was shining on my skin. I look at Harper again, she only giggles, then touches my face.

"She's so sweet." Carmen says.

"Isn't she."

"Lucky for us, she likes shiny things." Garrett says whom arrives with Kate.

"Just like we promised, we brought the food." She says lifting the basking in her hand.

"What took you so long?" Eleazar asks.