Chapter 2 The Baby's Arrival

3rd POV

Tanya was occupied with the last finishing touches of the baby room. It was stunning. The ceiling filled with glow-in-the-dark butterflies, a library, and a crib. She just couldn't wait for little Harper to arrive. The smile on her face couldn't get any wider. Kate walked into the room with a look of amazement on her face.

 Kate walked into the room with a look of amazement on her face

"Wow Tanya, it looks stunning in here." She says.

"I know, I just hope the baby loves it too."

Kate walks to Tanya and hugs her.

"She will."

They hug one another, re-calling the happy memories, from when Irina was still with them. Kate then changes the subject, and moves away from Tanya.

"I'll be out for a while. Me and Garrett are going to hunt. I want to make sure he's prepared for the little one's arrival."

"Thank you" Tanya says.

The sound of a car door closing catches their attention. Tanya lost track of time, realized it was the time that the attorney was supposed to bring the baby today. It was 9pm! She looks at the clock in disbelief, she wasn't presentable. She looked down at herself in her dirty clothing. "I have to get changed." She vamp speeds up the stairs looking for something decent to wear, throwing out almost everything that was in her closet.

" She vamp speeds up the stairs looking for something decent to wear, throwing out almost everything that was in her closet

"Tanya calm down, you look fine."

Tanya settles for her gray winter jacket and boots. Eleazar walks into the room, wondering what all the fuss is about.

"Tanya there's someone outside asking for you."

She takes a deep breath, takes a moment to look at herself in the mirror, she was ready. Everyone, except for Garrett who decided last minute to go hunting alone. Tanya went out the front the door to meet the newest member of the family. The attorney walks towards them with a carseat in his hand. Tanya sees the baby for the first time. She's in aw.

"Ms. Denali?" The attorney calls out.

"Mr. Jenks. Is that her?" She asks, staring at the carseat.

Tanya called in a favor to her cousins in Portland. They had Jaspers attorney take care of all the legal paperwork to help her adopt a child without any question of suspicion.

"Yes it is. The documents are all set. She's all yours." Jenks hands the carseat over to Tanya. "Thank you Mr Jenks."

"My pleasure Ms. Denali, I always see to it that my services are nothing less than satisfactory."

"I'll be sure to let Jasper know that." She cradles Harper staring down at her, sleeping peacefully. Everyone surrounds her. She stretches her arms and legs and makes the cutest little yawn noise. Tanya walks inside to Harpers new room and places her on the crib. She had a heater installed to keep it warm. She whispers to her, "welcome home."