Chapter 7 The Home Assessment

Tanya's POV

Tanya was a nervous wreck today! Because today is the home assessment

Tanya was a nervous wreck today! Because today is the home assessment. An agent is coming over in the afternoon to check on Harper to see if she's in a good home, and that Tanya is a fit parent for her. All night and all day she's been organizing and keeping everything nice and neat. Harper is in her room with Carmen watching a film. Peter Pan. She can hear them both enjoying the film. Harper especially. The film may be inaccurate compared to the grim version. Nonetheless, she was grateful the Disney version is appropriate for children. Harper absolutely loves it. She likes to jump around room pretending that she's tinker bell. Thankgoodness Carmen is watching her so that way she won't hurt herself. It's amazing what children mimic what they see on television.

Tanya prepares the coffee. She researched that it is a sort of delicacy for humans to drink when they enjoy a conversation amongst themselves. The others went out to hunt. With another human coming by thwy needed to be sure to keep their thirst under control before the agent arrived.

"When does the agent come?" Carmen asks.

"Soon. She said she'd be here by 4:00 in the afternoon. It's 3:00 now."

Kate was back with Garrett and Eleazar, just in time.

"Hurry up, all of you. The agent will be here soon."

"Tanya, relax. Everything will be fine. There's no need to worry so much."

"Are you mad? You need to understand that nothing, absolutely nothing can go wrong today."

Tanya has read that adoption agencies have removed children from homes for  the smallest reasons. She didn't want to loose Harper. She was hers, she'll do whatever she has to make sure she stays with her. Kate tries again to calm  her down.

"Tanya don't worry. Everything will be fine, I promise we will be on our best behavior." She turns on the fireplace to keep it warm in the house.

" She turns on the fireplace to keep it warm in the house