Chapter One: Filling In

Life is good. I got my first apprentice and my kits are also now apprentices. Dewfeather had two lovely kits about a moon ago and Molepaw and Garlicpaw are almost ready for their assessment.

"Rabbitstorm! Rabbitstorm!"

I turned. Garlicpaw was calling me. "Moonheart wants to check out our fighting skills!"

.

They passed. They had their warrior ceremony afterwards. Mossstar had just given Garlicpaw the name Garliccloud.

He turned to my apprentice. "Molepaw, from this moment on you will be known as Moleface. StarClan honors your kindness and loyalty, and we welcome you as full warriors of LeafClan."

I was the first to call out their names. "Garliccloud! Moleface! Garliccloud! Moleface!"

As my former apprentice climbed down from the rock, I touched my nose to his. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Not as proud as I was to be your apprentice!" Moleface's eyes sparked with amusement.

"You up for a hunting patrol?"

I gathered the warriors together. "Birdfeather and Moonheart? Are you up to leading a border patrol?"

"Sure," they meowed simultaneously.

"Birdfeather, take Thornpelt, Feathersky, and Spinstream with you on the RippleClan border. Fuzzpelt, Redpelt, and Boulderpaw will go with Moonheart on the PineClan border."

The warriors nodded and left.

"I'll take Berrytail, Moleface, and Bluepaw on a hunting patrol."

After we left the camp, I led the patrol near the Great Sycamore. We caught a fair amount, despite hunting in leaf-fall.

That night, I was surprised how early I met Sky.

.

"Hello Rabbitstorm. You have been expecting me. I am Clear Sky, but you can call me Skystar."

"Is there a SkyClan somewhere?" I asked.

Skystar hesitated. "You'll find out soon enough. This is not the last time you will see one of the Great leaders, but this is the last life you will receive."

I braced myself as we touched noses. "I give you another life. Use it well, for there are dark times up ahead. In the end, spend it wisely." This life strengthened me. I felt as if I held the power to take on any battle without a scratch.

As I felt myself again, Skystar spoke again. "You will need this life. My advice; work back that old strength in your legs. Learn to jump."

His eyes turned red as he faded. "Remember your promise." A voice hissed.