HanMariam's Short Story

Untold Chapter: Leviticus

by hanmariam

I watched him over the thick haze of cigarette smoke, looking so unbothered and relax while sipping his iced margarita. Furrowing my brows, I glanced at the dark stage again, where the band members are still up and about arranging their instruments for the show.

"Leila... sino yan?" I elbowed my friend and pointed at the tall guy sitting quietly at the front table.

Leila stopped her momentous flirting for a while and quickly glanced at him. Her brows shot up before she turned to me.

"He's Zeus' brother. I forgot his name, but it's not a surprise you'd notice him. I mean, the kid has got some...appeal." She whispered the last part of the sentence and bit her lips in a seductive manner.

I rolled my eyes. "Seriously? Is he like, one of your nameless guys you'd spent the night with?"

Nilingon ulit ako ng kaibigan. Tinumbasan niya ang irap ko ng isa ding irap. She scoffed. "Puh-lease. He's Zeus' brother. Zeus is hot, so is he. But I've no intention of hooking up with the Ferrer brothers. I don't need that much attention, Tancy. His fangirls are crazy."

"So... you didn't hook up with Zeus' little brother? Or Zeus himself?"

"Nada."

"Good." I nodded in approval and glanced at my untouched glass of beer.

Tuluyan nang inabandona ni Leila ang lalaking kanina pa siya kinakausap. There was inappropriate touching, and I pretended I didn't saw any of it in the last fifteen minutes that they've been talking.

"So, are you gonna hit him up or what?"

"You know I came here for Zeus, Leila." I pointed out.

"Yeah. So, what? Aren't you allowed to have a change of heart? I mean, they're both handsome. But there's something about that guy. He's kind of... innocent-looking." Tinitigan ni Leila ang lalaking ngayo'y may itinitipa na sa kaniyang cellphone at seryosong nakahalumbaba. "Best we know that the most innocent of faces have the devilish bedroom tricks..."

Uminit ang magkabilang pisngi ko sa bulgar na sinabi ng kaibigan. I swatted her eyes away and turned to her, flushed and embarrassed. She only let out hoots of laughter as she dragged her glass to her lips and took a swig.

"Seriously, Constance. What are you waiting for? If you're so interested in him, you should go talk to him right now. I didn't know much about Zeus' brother, but I will certainly know if the guy has a girl already. Ilang minuto na siyang nakaupo d'yan at wala siyang ibang kasama."

"I came here for Zeus." Wika ko ulit sa mas matigas na boses, hoping that I can convince her that I've no other intention for this night but to have at least a glimpse of him. "Siya lang at wala ng iba."

Leila rolled her eyes again in disgust. "You know what? When I said earlier that Zeus' fangirls are crazy, you my friend..." she pressed a manicured finger at my chest. "are one of them."

"Pleased to hear that." I replied, smiling.

Ever since I saw Zeus Vincenticus Ferrer graced our school, I adore the guy. Well, who wouldn't? He's got the good bad-boyish looks that every girl would die for. And he lives up to his reputation by singing naughty songs in a catholic school and making girls drop their rosaries to worship him instead.

He's a live wire, Zeus is.

As for his brother, I didn't know until now that he has a brother. I've been stalking him for quite a while and I did saw some picture of him with a younger man who looked just like him but more... innocent, as Leila would put it. I thought he was just a relative of the Ferrer family, but I wasn't expecting that he is the brother of Zeus.