Chapter Three

I was standing in what looked like my old bedroom. The paint on the walls was pealing. What used to be my bed was a pile of wood on the floor. It smelled so bad. Like mold and rotting wood.

I tried to look around some more but it was so dark. The only light source coming from underneath the door. I walked over to the door, tripping over things in the process. I slightly opened the door and poked my head out. I could here voices. It sounded like my mom and dad. My parents died when I was nine. This is a dream. It has to be. I walked down the hallway and stood at the top of the stairs. I walked down the stairs and into the living room.

"Mom?" I asked. Not sure if she would hear me.

"Sweet Heart, why are you doing up?"

I ran over to her and hugged her.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. I just had a bad dream. That's all." Yeah. A bad dream. That sounds believable.

I looked at what I was wearing. It looked like my nightgown from when I was a kid. I looked back up to my mom but she wasn't there.

"What are you doing here?"

I turned toward the voice. It was my dad.

"You shouldn't be here. Go back to your room!" He yelled and I flinched. I haven't heard that in a long time. It's not something I ever wanted to hear again. But there we were.

I looked at the ground and saw a devils trap.

"Dad? What's going on?"

"You shouldn't be here!! Go to your room or you will regret it!" He continued yelling.

I couldn't think of anything to say. This can't be real. This can't be real. This can't be real. I was chanting this in my head and then he came at me with a knife. Nope. It was definitely real. I cried out and then my surroundings started to fade.

"Wake up!" I heard a voice call.

"Hmm?" I groaned.

"It was just a dream." The voice said.

I opened my eyes and looked where the voice was coming from.

"The names Crowley." He paused twirling a knife in his hands. "I'm here to protect you."

He started walking over to me and I squirmed trying to get away. That's when I noticed I was tied to a chair.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He turned around and walked away.

"You're the demon that was in my dream." Maybe if he knew I knew who he was he would let me go.

"Yeah. So?"

That didn't work.

"If your protecting me why am I tied up?" I paused waiting for him to say something but there was just silence. "Isn't being tied up a part of being a hostage. Or kidnapped or something?"

"True. But if I didn't tie you up you would just run and I wouldn't get a chance to tell you who you need to be protected from. Or why you need protection in the first place." He turned towards me. "Now, Mrs Allison. Do you want to know who's after you or not?"

"Fine. But only if you untie me."

"What are you going to do if I don't untie you."

Oh, he didn't know who he was messing with.

"Exorcizamus Te Omnis Immundus Spiritus." I paused. "Should I go on? Or are you going to untie me?"

"An exorcism? You're clever. Smarter than most I do have to give you that." That's all he said.