Three Months Later

Three Months Later:

Hannah

"Shots!" Someone yelled out in the kitchen over the loud music. I totally protested ongoing to this party because I didn't want to see any of the stupid people at school get more stupid when they are drunk. With the writhing on each other, exchanging saliva and stripping, it made no sense to me.

We decided to crash anyway, at least stay for two hours. "Hannah!" My name was screamed out, notifying me that it was my friend Seth from the kitchen by the counter mixing his favorite drink, scotch and soda in a red plastic cup.

"Already in party mode?!" I yelled out amused, he poured a second cup.

"Hell yeah, next year is going to be so stressful!" He responded, huffing out a breath.

"We're only fifteen and sophomore year ended four hours ago!" He's acting as if the end of the world was coming soon while gulping down his troubles away.

"I heard the curriculum is gonna be harder!"

"So?!"

"So?! That algebra test was bad enough, Mr. Wayans lied about the equations from the study guide!" He said drinking the last drop from his cup. The test was all right. He passed with a C. Our teacher wasn't so tough, only one hard equation on it from the lesson he taught us college math. I patted his back, telling him that summer has begun, "you can chill for now!"

"I guess!" He crushed the cup, tossing it to the side and took a can of beer.

I took a sprite from the ice bucket and went to the dance floor looking for Linda but she was nowhere to be found, maybe she's making out with her boyfriend. I started to dance a little when Nicki Minaj's ''Super Bass' started to play. My body swaying to the lyrics, really feeling it when the chorus came in: Boy, you got my heartbeat runnin' away, Beating like a drum and it's coming your way, Can't you hear that boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, bass? You got that super bass. Boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, bass, Yeah, that's the super bass.

"Hey, gorgeous! Come here often?!" Some guy from behind me asked holding my hips.

"Lame pickup line often?!" I retorted back trying to pull his grip from me so I could dance alone but he was strong. He turned me around to face him. Grey glazed eyes, blonde hair, baby-faced and athletic body.

"Don't tease me, sweetie!" He slurred attempting to whisper sensually but he yelled it to my face. I smelled alcohol and salt on his breath, he was obviously drunk.

"You need water!" Struggling to get away from him but he held on. Does alcohol make a person strong or something? I thought it made you stupid and weak.

"Lay off her, Leo!" Another guy said approaching us. I turned at who spoke: Charlie Hepburn.

I've wanted his attention for so long but I was practically invisible, passing by in the hallways as I admired his looks from afar. My heart beating rapidly if he was near, I had to deal with and view: the girls that hung on his shoulders left a bad taste in my mouth over the years, asking myself what about me? It's a pipedream crush that wouldn't be reciprocal.

Seeing this side of him tonight was refreshing. He was kind and protective, I liked it. I liked him.

Leo heard, putting his hands up in defeat. He stumbled away not before stealing a beer bottle from someone's hand.

"You ok, Hannah?!" He asked, almost reaching my eye level with concern. He knew my name, I squealed internally.

"No big deal, thank you!" I said with a small smile. Charlie returned with a wide smile, I almost melted. I began to walk away but he grasped my arm.