✧ late scoops » dustin ✧

**˚  ˚**

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

I m a g i n e : Going on an ice cream date late at night with Dustin..

R e q u e s t e d   B y : @ Karmafowler

Word Count : 855

︾⇟⇟︾

the cool night air was frosty and bitter as you walked hand in hand with your boyfriend, the snow floating softly to the ground of hawkins.

you were currently walking towards the mall, entering secretly through the back exit for employees, but because your boyfriend had such a close bond with a certain employee, he knew all the stops.

he fumbled with unlocking the employee door while you looked around to see if anyone was looking at you, but it was a sunday holiday, so the mall was closed.

"babe, we gotta hurry, it's freezing out here."
you shuttered, your hands rubbing your shoulders as you could see your breath cloud in the frosty air.

"there. got it."
dustin finally successfully unlocked the back door, opening it before lacing his fingers with yours again to pull you into the doorway where it was significantly warmer already.

the two of you speed walked down the hallway towards the back door that led into the scoops ahoy parlor, the door being locked as well.

"remember, don't loose the keys. the key to the actual parlor looks like this"

his friend's voice echoed in dustin's head— luckily for him and his close friendship with one of the main staff members, he pulled out steve's keys that he lent him, and easily unlocked the door.

"don't turn on the lights because it'll trigger the entire electric system, including the freezers. believe me, they're a pain in the ass to turn off yourself."

dustin passed the large control box where the lights controlling the entire parlor were, his hand still intertwined with yours as he tried leading you to the main attraction.

"wait, what about the lights—.."

you began to question your boyfriend before your eyes widened at the sight in front of you.

"just lead her to the largest booth. that's where i put the coolers with the ice cream inside and a little something just like you told me."

"ta-da!"
dustin smiled his toothless smile with pride at his date that he had set up for you, (with minor assistance from his wing-man, steve.)

you looked ahead of you at the romantic sight, including a candlelit dinner table with a white cloth underneath—plates of your favorite take-out food laying upon it.

you then saw ice chests next to the table, and you could only assume that there was ice cream inside.

"wow.. you went all out."
you smiled, hugging his arm tighter as a thank you.

your heart fluttered at his sentimentality.

"yeah, i had a little help from steve. d-do you like it?"
he asked with a toothy grin that you loved.
he planned all this out carefully just for his girlfriend.

he went to all this trouble just for you.

he knew you so well, and he made it clear that he cared deeply for you as you did him.

you smiled before you took his face in your hands to plant a loving kiss on his lips.
they were soft and plump, and they fit yours like a long lost puzzle piece.

you realized something then—something that was made so obvious to you during the whole starcourt battle fiasco.
when you were worried you would lose him, and when he was so concerned about your safety.

your lips pulled apart gingerly as you felt dustin's hand cup your cheek with a smile.

"what?"
he laughed quietly, noticing that you were staring intensely in his eyes.

he traced your cheeks lovingly as you stroked his hair behind his neck, just basking in his presence and touch.

just say it.

your breathing became quicker paced with the anxiousness of what you wanted to tell dustin.

say it.

"dustin.."
you said as you licked your lips nervously while your eyes quickly searched his own for any reason signaling that you should back out now.

you found none as he returned the loving stare right back to you.
instead, he hummed in response, giving you the look of a love-stricken fool.

come on, say it!

"i love you."
you blurted out, so suddenly, that even you flinched yourself.

dustin froze, his eyes widening as it seemed that he was processing what you had just told him.

you felt nervous at the possibility of rejection, but that feeling soon left when dustin excitedly placed his lips to yours in a gingerly soft kiss.

you were taken by surprise before you melted into the feeling that came with his touch, and gave into him.

and as his lips hovered above yours in a gasp for air, he whispered breathlessly, "i love you too."

.
.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

a/n : WE NEEDED SOME SOFT DUSTIN UP IN HERE

what a softie.. 

sorry about the MAJOR lack of updates on this book, but it can overwhelming sometimes to write for 11 books at a time!

but fear not, i am here & ready to publish more

xoxo, kay.