24. He got me too...

As I lay next to my girlfriend, I feel myself drifting off to sleep. I had arrived at her apartment late but she told me to let myself in, lock the door behind me, and lay down next to her. When I arrived I noticed she was already sleeping. Doing my best not to wake her, I slipped into bed and wrapped my arm around her. She had the tendency to move in her sleep which would occasionally wake me, but not for long. She turned around so she was facing me and proceeded to say "Be careful." She had talked in her sleep before but it was never a coherent thought or sentence; usually just random words jumbled together. Because this was so different I decided to ask her "Be careful of what sweetie?" To that she replied "The corner of the room near the door." This reply startled me at first but the fact that it was a direct answer to my question gave me chills. My paranoid mind took over and I was forced to slowly look over my shoulder at the corner of the room near the door. It was unnaturally dark...and getting darker. I'm unable to look away until I hear her speak once again. "Don't worry." My head snaps back to look at her staring into me...but without eyes. Just darkness where her beautiful eyes used to be.

"He got me too..."