DAMNIT CH19

Sorry again for not uploading, school is being annoying, along with the host of other things that are happening in my life, I'll try to fit in an hour or two every couple of days so I can write.

Thr9ugh Fire Justice Is Served

++++++{}+++++

The next day Inoue and I walked hand in hand to her school, just like we have before so many times before today.  I watched the early morning hustle and bustle of the city I have been just been able to call home for the first time, but even with the finacial support and the 'steady' job; I knew for a fact that this place could never be a true home for myself. My defination of 'home' was a place close to family, a place you can come home and know that you'll be able to relax in peace. Even though I felt a stranger still, ignorant to much of the tradition and history of this place where my existance has been for the last 5 years, I knew that I would have to call this place home.

We stopped outside the doors to her school, when her hand seemed to worm its way out of my hand, and opened the door, Inoue turned to face me, smiling excitedly, a simple joy in her eyes. It seemed that at that moment, I saw my sister, the moment ruined when she lead me inside and to the area where the parents were sitting. I sat down on the first chair I saw, crossing my legs and waited for the rest of the parents to file in with their children, the excitement and nervousness wafting into the room.

The sensai, a man that seemed to be in his early thirties, explained the circiculum to us, as if we hadn't known before, and explained the final exam that would usher them into the Pre-Genin school. But honestly, I ended up zoning out more than a few times during the speech and the different presentations of the students showing off easy chakra manipulations and jutsu. I clapped politely when needed, pretending that I was actually attentive during the presentations. It was only after the presentations, that I caught up with Inoue, who insisted on playing with her friends in the playground, I obviously giving in, let her run off with her friends.

I found a bench and sat on it, relaxing almost instantly, letting out a heavy sigh. Pulling out a book that was recommened by Temari, I found the page I was on and started to read, looking up every so often, making sure that Inoue was okay. I let myself become engulfed in the book, losing my sense of what was around me. It was only when I felt a tugging on my sleeve did I feel myslef meet reality. I turned quickly, making Inoue jump a little in surprise. 

Closing my book, I asked her, "Inoue? Wanna go grab some lunch?"

Inoue's eyes brightened at the prospect of a meal that wasn't eaten around the old table at the apartment, "Okay. let's go!" she said excitedly, grabbing my hand and attempting to drag me into a standing position.

I let her drag me up and lead me towards the nearest ramen shack, listening to her chat about the various children in her class. We walked along the somewhat busy streets, me watching warily at the other shinobi in the street. In the moment my eyes would meet theirs, I would often see the slightly haunted look that the war gave us. It was in those moments, we saw a connection and knew that that it would never leave us.

Because in someway shape or form we were connected.

+++{}+++

It was during our meal at the ramen shack that I felt somewhat, normal. Inoue chatted on about her experiences, her teachers, friends and enemies alike. But I knew, that if I could keep my job, and food on the table, that we could be as normal as need be. Even with the exception of an eventual marriage, that truthfully, scared the shit outta me.It was when the meal was finished and paid for, did we go back to the apartment. Inoue went into her room to play, and I attempted do something homely. I found the old broom and swept the floors quickly and took out the trash before letting Temari in.

She was wearing her usual garb, a black kimono and her hair in pigtails. It was then, did I grab a light bag from the hook near the door, kiss Inoue on the forehead, and was shoved out of my own home by Temari. I looked at the worn wood of the door once more before leaving.