DAMNIT CH14

And with the arrival of summer vacation comes the free time I now have (done Homestuck), so hopefully if all goes as planned I'll be able to maybe finish this story (its all talk at this point). And for all of you people who have voted/liked/tweeted/fanned/commented, you guys are freaking amazing for suffering through this story with me.

Through Fire Justice Is Served

++++{}+++

I stood in front of a small group of shinobi, my hands clasped together nervously, sweat on my brow. Smiling nervously, clasping my hands behind my back, I asked; "You called for me?" 

"Yes, you are Hamasaki, are you not?" an old man inquired

"You are correct Kage-sama." I said respectively, keeping my eyes down

"How old are you?" A blonde woman that reminded me of my aunt asked

"I think I'm sixteen, maybe seventeen." I answered

"Your place of birth is not of this dimension, am I correct?" she asked

"That is correct."

"You have been charged for several crimes, including aiding in the attack on Suna. Your alliance to Sunagakure was part of the agreement that saved you from being executed. You have no chakra, yet you emmit a energy field that our best ANBU can detect."

"She melted the chains on an entire slave line. There were many witnesses." The Kazekage said emotionlessly, "She is loyal to Sunagakure. I have recieved no complaint from the woman that is her guardian."

"Hamasaki? If you will, please display your powers." the redhead said

"I will try." I answered, lifting dirt into the air. Forcing it to spin around in a oblong circle, I willed some of the flame from a nearby torch to combine with the dirt. I kept the two elements spinning in the air until the dirt somewhat melted and was glowing orange. Molding it using the memory of a dragon from a story that I read years ago, I created a small replica of it. Willing water from a small basin that was in the corner I used it to cool the dragon.

I kept the dragon in a globe of water that I suspened in air. Keeping my eyes on it, I watched as it cooled from a firey orange to a somewhat cloudy glass. "Where do you want the water?" I asked

"Put it back in the basin child."

"Okay" I answered, seperating the replica from the water. I kept the replica suspeneded in the air, while the water was returned to the basin. After gently putting the replica of the dragon on the table they were sitting around, I watched their faces for a reaction.

"Have you killed people using this technique?" the red head asked

"I would usually have to resort to killing them that way depending on how outnumbered I was. I always made sure that they felt no pain, I swear." 

"How did you do it though?"

"My ability lets me control matter using the power of my mind. A man's brain is made of matter, therefore I can interfere with it and cause death, its really quite simple."

"Were you're parents like this?" she asked

"No, I only developed my ability after I came here." I explained

"I see."

"You are free to go, we will send for you once we have made our decison."

Something boiled beneath my skin, almost like a suddel fire that erased my rational mind for a moment. I felt its need for something, anything course through my veins. I was not normally an angry person, but something about the way that they treated me, like I was a some sort of invalid got on my nerves. I wanted to show them that I wasn't some idiotic child, that I was a force to be reckoned with. I wanted to be aknowledged as their equal, not some new tool that they hope to use to get rid of some unlucky b******. But reason settled in, and my head cooled down. 'Was that rage I just felt?' I thought, scared of what I was feeling.

I bowed quickly, taking the minimum time to show respect, I walked quickly out of the tent that served as their headquarters. Scanning the area, I found that there were still people talking and reuniting with friends and lovers. After taking a deep breath, I walked into the crowd of happy people.

"Yo! Hamasaki!" a disembodied voice shouted somewhere behind me

I turned around nervously, my hand on belt where my sword hung, "Yes?"I asked "Naomi-san?"

Naomi walked quickly over to me, smiling, "Of course it's me dumbo."

"I just haven't seen you in a long time. How've you been?" I asked

"I've been fine, but what brings you to the battle field?" she replied, raising an eyebrow, "Is it the idiot?"

"No, I had to fight. It was part of my sentance." I said

"Did they need you for many things?"

"I set traps and carried people off the field, it wasn't anything I couldn't handle."

"That's good, by chance did you see a young man with curly brown hair and freckles pass you by?" she asked

"No I haven't, it was really good talking to you again Naomi-san."

"Yep, I have to run now, see you some other time, K?" she replied, then sped off 

I watched her form quickly disapear into the crowds once more, as I remembered the way back to the tent I was staying in. Pushing my way through the crowds, I apologized and celebrated with the people who I met for seconds before leaving. I found the tent easily and popped inside, I took the pack that held my things and went to wait for the messenger near the mess hall.I was lost in thoughts about the holidays that I spent together with my family, and wondering how much time exaclty has passed since my disapearance; when a voice rudely interupted my train of thought. 

"Are you Haruna Hamasaki?" he asked, face paint smugded and faded

"Yes, and who are you?" I replied

"That's none of your buissness, besides they have come up with a decisoin." he said, holding out a piece of paper.

I took it, "Thanks." I said politely, smlilling to empasize my thanks

"Yeah, whatever." he answered

"I guess I'll be going then?" I asked, standing up and dusting myself off, then walking in the opposite direction I came.