Writer's Block Sucks!!! Plus Two Possible Story Ideas

Hey guys, so as you may have noticed the updates for Leon Pride have begun to slow down quite a bit. I'm in college now so that could only be expected to happen, but that's not really what's giving me such a hard time. Truth is I have a horrible case of writer's block and just can't get my mind to wrap itself around an idea. I thought I was rid of it on Friday when I started on Leon Pride's next chapter and made sufficient progress until the library closed for the weekend.

Sadly the Block has returned and I can't seem to pick up where I left off with the story. I know where it is I'm going with it, but it's just that everything I write seems absolutely awful to me and I end up deleting it. So I AMgoing to take a short break from Leon Pride and maybe write a teaser for some other stories like maybe Book 3 of the Touch series or Book 2 of the Saint Chronicles. Problem there is that neither of them have a title so I might not even write them so don't start looking. Truth is I'm just venting write now so don't take anything to heart here.

The thought of starting something new to give myself a break and get the juices flowing again ha crossed my mind and I have two ideas that have been cooking in my head. But again, anyone who's been following my for a while might've noticed that if I'm working on more than one project at the same time the quality may diminish. I wrote Devil's Touch and Dawn of Vengeance at the same time, updating each of them every other week. Now I know that several of you actually quite like them both and maybe its just me but when I wrote them together like that it almost felt like some (not all) of the characters started to meld into one. What I mean by that is that one character from both stories who may have been slightly similar began to sound like they were the same people. Like I said maybe its just me but I felt like Sixx and Issac became the same people or maybe Greg and Jake. I could be wrong but like I said I'm just venting.

Anyways...the two things that I'v been thinking about would be a story about Native Americans, specifically revolving around a character named Andeg. (Pronounced "On" and "Egg" with a "D" in front of it. Ahn-deg for the technical people) He's a member of an old tribe who doesn't quite fit in so he decided to go on a trek around the world (North America) where he meets some interesting characters. I'd be pulling a whole heap of lore from several Native peoples because I actually really like a lot of the old stories being Native American myself. I don't have a set direction that it'd be going in right now but if I ever did right it I think it'd actually be pretty cool. There'd be monsters, fantasy-like creatures, tons of adventure, and of course some of my own little flare thrown in on the old stories.

So that's one thing unfortunately I don't think I myself am quite ready to tackle something like that just yet which is why I'm suggesting this other idea. It's a bit more in the ball park of what I've done and that'd be a retelling of all the classical monsters like Dracula, Wolfman, Frankenstein, Imhotep the Mummy, Swamp-thing, and more. Now I admit that this idea came to me when I started playing an old game called Castlevania, but I wouldn't make it like a rip off of that it'd have quite a bit of depth. It'd probably be based in modern day times actually, I like the idea of a Dracula and other classical monsters roaming around modern day cities and just doing what they do best. It'd be a much darker story than what I've done recently I'd probably have to give it an R-rating because I'd want to depict them as really horrific monsters not the romanticized gimmicks they are today. Basically I'd be writing a whole story from the bad guy's perspective, and of course they'd all bump into each other and maybe I'd have them fight or possibly unite against a common enemy or something. Who knows but there's a lot of stuff I could do with them because they wouldn't be good guys, they wouldn't even be anti-heros but instead they'd be these dark all powerful beings that do what they must in order to survive.

Now like I said don't start looking for these stories because I don't even know if I'd do them but I have to admit that they do sound like fun to right and freakishly my wheels are turning for them. They'd be a fun side project but I wouldn't want to start them and have Leon Pride turn into the other two stories that I don't even touch. So that's it I guess, if you guys have any input let me know in the comments and I'll be sure to read over them. Thanks for reading through this and let's hope that this dang writer's block goes away huh?

~Jay