VI. NUMB THE PAIN.

DESCRIPTION: Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it - Albus Dumbledore.

WARNING: Death / Swearing.
WORD COUNT: 4015

━━━⋆☆⋆━━━

Numbing the pain for a while...

Y/N couldn't believe her eyes when Marlon dropped down to her knees, as the life drained from him. She couldn't process that he now had a bullet hole in his forehead, which was leaking crimson blood, announcing his official death. She couldn't process that moments before his brutal murder, her other friends - Brody - has also been murdered, but she couldn't decide who to believe was the actual cause of it. Y/N couldn't believe the fact that where her friend once stood, was the young new boy, holding tightly onto a small silver revolver. She couldn't believe that the first words which fell from his lips, was his sort of justification, that he had 'aimed for the head'.

Y/N was furious. She had furious at the fact that Clementine had allowed such a small child to handle a gun. And not any old gun, one which was loaded with bullets. A disgusted look overtook her face, her eyebrows dipped in the middle of her forehead, a frown on her lips. Y/N knew that people could see the disgust on her face, but then again most of the people which lived at Ericson all held the same face.

She took one step forwards, which caused a hand from someone behind her, to fly up and wrap around her elbow, holding her into one place. She could feel the grip tightening every time she tried to move forwards - she wasn't bothered with the fact they had decided to hold her into place, she was annoyed at the fact they had prevented her from getting closer to the young boy.

"Y/N. Stop. His a just a b-" Aasim tried to reason as the girl moved in his grip. Y/N shook her head, tugging on her limp in captivity. "Y/N. Stop it".

"You shot him. He's dead. You're a murderer" Louis informed AJ which stood in his spot. Y/N nodded her head in agreement, finally pulling her arm free from Aasim.

Y/N stalked over to Marlon's dead body and crouched down. She could feel the presence of Aasim lingering over her shoulder but ignored the urge to turn around and tell him to do one. Y/N gulped, looking at the lifeless body and blinked once.

She didn't know what to do. Inside of her, she knew he had done something to the twins, she knew that Clementine wouldn't lie about a subject which would be touchy to them all. She wanted to hate the male, but she didn't want to do anything which would disrespect the dead. Then again, she wanted to mourn him, but somewhere deep inside of her, she could sense that wasn't the right thing to do.

Most of the other teenagers, had gathered around Marlon. She could hear their sobs from behind her, some of them crying more than others. Y/N began to feel out of place. Therefore, she pulled herself back to her feet, nodded her head once to the group of people before leaving the group in a hurry.

She could feel the eyes on her as left. Some which held wonder in them of why she was leaving them, some eyes held anger in them as she left them without paying respect to them. Yet, she knew that Aasim was watching her as she walked away, his eyes were trialing her but his wasn't judging her, he knew exactly what she was doing. He somehow knew how she felt, that she was unsure about the hole situation.

Aasim payed his respected and dismissed himself also, jogging to catch up with Y/N who now stood at Ericson's gate. He stood at a respectful distance, not wanting to overstep into any boundaries which the girl has made. Y/N turned her head the moment the boots had stopped clicking and smiled weakly to the Pakistan male.

"I wanted to know if you are okay," Aasim asked as he crossed his arms across his chest, "I know Marlon was close to you. And I wanted to let you know that I am here for you, if you need me".