II. REMINISING.

DESCRIPTION: Despite the world ending, people still hold onto the past.

WARNING: Swearing.
WORD COUNT: 2626

━━━⋆☆⋆━━━

Approximately around the 19th July of every year, everyone's mood just instantaneously drops. It was as if their mood was on a scale, balanced once moment with happy and sad and then the next it was tipped, totally going out of proportion. It's the date the previous world died, the one where there wasn't flesh eaters roaming around, the one where people wouldn't kill (the only way they would was if they were murders), where there wasn't a massive shortage of food; a world where everything was great, the paradise world.

For the first few years, the kids at Ericson Boarding School of Troubled Youth, counted down the dreaded days. They began to graffitied the walls with tallies - which were done with a permanent marker or a knife they found in the kitchen. Some began to tally in a note book they found laying around in the school; like Aasim. And some didn't do a thing, they allowed everyone else to do it for them.

It seemed like a brilliant idea at first. To see how many days they have survived, how many days they have went without an adult in sight, telling them what to do (apart from Ms Martin, yet she trusted the kids to do what they needed), but as like most days, they turned into ones where you grieve, for those you know for certain you have lost or presume you have lost.

A few students spent days wondering if their parents had tried to come and collect them. To be together for the worst.

A few students wondered if their shitty parents had forgotten about them. A few students knew that their parents weren't coming for them.

Therefore, after 3 years of the world being the way it was with the dead roaming, they decided to stop counting down the days. Reason being is because some gave up hope of world returning to its previous state, some just lost count due to them not being bothered anymore and a few just didn't care at all.

Yet, despite how everyone else feels, Y/N didn't. She didn't give up hope of the world returning to its former state, her hope was the one thing which was making her more a less survive the days. She kept track of the days; never wanting to forget an important date like someone's birthday or a traditional holiday. If anything, Y/N cared too much about holding onto the past, therefore she wouldn't be doing what a few people are doing; not caring.

Y/N wanted to remember the world before, especially on the day it all began. To keep a firm grasp onto the former world, she kept a little box beneath her shared bunk of mementos which she had collected. Things ranging from crystals some of the deceased students had brought to the school to decorate their bedroom to things she had found on the walkers after she killed them. Other things were in the box, things which resembled her parents, her best friends (which they had gave her in the first years while they were counting down the days). In her box, she had a note pad which was filled page to page with little black and blue tallies, marking away the days.

On most of the days, she spent in her dorm room with the contents of the box scattered on her duvet. Her crystals she had collected were in a sealed bag, the crystals shimmered in the light, sometimes catching her off guard. The things she collected of the walkers were also in bags, dividing into badges & broaches, rings & earrings and on its own necklaces.

As morbid as it looks and sounds, the reason she collected them was because each of them represented the people which had fallen too soon for their time. Louis found it sentimental and began to help her collect things when he was supposed to be hunting with Aasim; he enjoyed doing it, helping out his friend.