_.|!@|._: Chapter Twelve

a/n: Okay, here we are, the chapter we have been anticipating since the start! I had so much fun writing this, and I hope you all enjoy reading it!

-

Roman's adventure down the dark hallway wasn't what it was to Patton. Roman had trudged his way down the hall multiple times to go to his brother's bedroom, only he had never walked down the illuminating hallway that was carved out in the middle of the long hallway that led down to Virgil's room. The hallway was glowing neon purple, and the white noise one would normally hear in the back of their thoughts was replaced with a faint thunderstorm that never came nor left. Roman's hand was holding the handle of his sword in case he ever had to draw it. He never came down to Virgil's room in this way, and decided that he never would voluntarily again.

The lonely prince walked down the hallway to the one person that could ever be lonelier than him, but lately, he started to think that he was the most lonely of the sides. Virgil was getting the attention he needed, of course, anxiety was always a secret, unintentional attention hog to everyone it affected. One of the many reasons why he disliked Virgil at first, one of the traits he shared with his brother. One of the traits both Roman and Virgil shared with Remus. Maybe it was one of the reasons why he liked Virgil, because he would give him the attention he was starving for through a possible relationship. But, of course, Virgil didn't feel that way towards him in his mind because of the past between them. Roman's mind was racing as the anxious aura from the bedroom became stronger. He was scared the eyeshadow was appearing again, but at that point, he didn't care about how scared he got, because he just wanted to help Virgil.

The door to Virgil's room was not the dry-rotting wood with a keep out sign that Roman thought it would be. It turned out to be an elegant navy blue door with a victorian-era engraving on it. Like a vampire's castle's side door. The knocked in the middle was of a storm cloud, the one that matched Virgil's hoodie that he wore on the daily. He sighed and took his right hand off his sword and reached up to the knocker. He knocked three times onto the door with no response. He put his ear against the navy wood, and tried to listen for movement, but all he heard were muffled sobs.

"Virgil?" He asked through the door. There was no response.

"It's me, Roman. Do you mind if I come in? I swear there's a bat out here that's trying to eat me." He said. With the mind palace's magic, the door opened by the distant hand of Virgil, who was sitting underneath the stairs, crying.

"Oh my, look at you." He said. Roman shut the door behind him and ran down to Virgil. He kneeled in front of him and met his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Virgil asked weakly. Roman reached out to him, but Virgil shook his head and Roman retreated his arm.

"To help you, Patton came back with broken glasses." He said. Virgil groaned and buried his head into his knees. Roman gritted his teeth nervously.

"I know, thanks for the reminder." Virgil said. Roman sighed.

"Sorry, he's okay though. He doesn't seem bothered at all." Roman said. Virgil looked up at him if he was serious.

"I lashed out against him, how is he not bothered?" He asked. Roman shrugged and sat down across from him on the floor where Logan would've stood.

"He seemed to have forgiven you if he was mad by the time he got back and talked to me." He said. Virgil gulped anxiously.

"What did he say?" Virgil asked.

"To wait until you were ready to come out of your room to talk to you." Roman said. Virgil chuckled and looked at Roman.

"And you clearly ignored that request." He said. Roman sighed.