_.|@|._: Chapter Two

a/n: Whenever they call The Duke "Dookie" I think of Green Day's first album, Dookie.

-

Remus was walking through the never ending halls of the mind palace to the light side. He passed the hallway leading to Virgil's room at the halfway mark, going all the way down to the edge of the palace wall. He sighed as he peered down it, not sensing him. Deceit lying about the whereabouts of Virgil may have been unexpectedly expected at all costs, but it left Remus sighing as he continued to trek to his brother's room.

His stench could be smelt all the way to where Virgil and Patton were talking in the branch room that was momentarily created. Remus stopped when he heard their voices, trying to overhear what they were talking about. All he heard was talk about the stench he led, and turned around. He knew Virgil knew that he was still here, but he also knew that he wouldn't take him leave unless he was provoking harm on Thomas. Remus just smiled to himself, thinking about what he didn't see in The Fault In Our Stars, and walked over to the star sprinkled part of the main meetup room of the light sides.

"Hello, Princey, can I talk with you?" He asked, knocking on his brother's door. He could've walked through the mental palace they grew up in, but the last time he had done that, he was blocked from entering. He felt a small bit of betrayal then, but he hoped for the moment he was in now as he waited for Roman to answer his call.

"Why should we talk after today, Dookie?" Roman asked through the door. Remus didn't know it, but Roman was leaning longingly and dramatically against it on the other side.

"I just... we need to talk about something. About a certain someone we're both acquainted with." Remus said. Roman cracked the door to meet his brother's eye, and let him in immediately in fear of the others seeing him.

Roman's bedroom reflected that of the bedroom he grew up in, golden and red aesthetic with white and silver thrown in. Out of the lighter sides, his room looked like a real bedroom. There was a four post bed with drapes and an extravagant duvet. There were Disney posters covering the walls, along with broadway playbills and a record player with every cast album Thomas had ever memorized that wasn't edgy in any way.

Remus shivered at the sight of the room, gagging at the sight of all the extravagance.

"You know, you could do less with that Frozen poster." He said. Roman raised an eyebrow.

"When did I ask you to design my room, Remus?" Roman asked. Remus shut up at once, looking at his feet.

"Who must we talk about, Remus? I was just giving Thomas a dream." He said. Remus looked interested at the action, but Roman held out an affirmative hand to his brother's chest in a 'stop' motion.

"It's already written, and I'm not letting you alter. You came here for one reason and one reason only, now, proceed with your tellings." Roman said. Remus sighed, folding his hands in front of him.

"You know how in Call Me By Your Name they uh... fall in love?" Remus asked. Roman snapped his head to his brother with a raised yet furrowed brow.

"Yes, of course I do, I made us watch that movie. Why are you asking me that?" Roman asked. Remus rocked back and forth on his feet steadily. Roman noticed, and evaluated a situation.

"Has my younger brother fallen in love with a certain serpent?" He asked as he started to walk in a circle around Remus. Remus sighed and looked down but didn't blush.

"No, though he was in love with a certain emo." He said. Silence filled the void between them.

"But Virgil isn't... not anymore." "No, when he was." Remus clarified. Roman stood in front of his brother in awe. Remus hid a smirk.