_.|!)|._: Chapter Ten

a/n: Honestly, I think we're all a little scared for the next Sanders Sides video, but I'm also really excited to see what's next. Maybe we'll even venture to Roman's room! Anyway, enjoy the near climax of the story at hand!

-

The sun rose along with Virgil, who barely slept to begin with. Thomas didn't sleep well that night, and Virgil knew it. He didn't realize how badly he was causing it by not sleeping, but he couldn't. The relief he felt from the day before kept him awake, and energized him more than sleep ever could have. He walked not the foyé with a smile on his face. He walked in to Logan and Patton, Logan's arms were crossed. The smile left Virgil's face, the reoccurring feeling of whenever he feels happy made a bad impact on others crossed his mind. He hunched over and stuffed his fists into his hoodie pockets, avoiding eye contact with them both.

"Virg, was that a smile?" Patton asked warmly. Virgil shrugged.

"What did I do now?" He asked Logan.

"Did you keep Thomas awake last night?" Logan asked with his average tone.

"Not to my knowledge, I didn't sleep but that's pretty normal." Virgil said. Patton looked to Logan.

"You don't sleep?" Patton asked.

"You don't, and neither does Roman, he gives Thomas dreams because whenever he sleeps, Remus gives Thomas nightmares." Virgil said. Logan sighed.

"Well, then maybe the Prince kept him awake, Roman!" Logan called. Roman tumbled out into the concourse and yawned.

"What nerdy wolverine?" He asked. Logan rolled his eyes with a sigh.

"Did you keep Thomas awake last night?" He asked. Roman was taken aback, insulted even.

"Me? How could I be the source of that? No sleeping sirens over there has more of a chance of being the culprit of that than little old me." Princey said. Virgil narrowed his eyes and sighed.

"Roman!" Patton said. Virgil held a hand up.

"I can take it. It wasn't me, Roman." He said. Roman looked at the three of them, he ultimately shrugged dramatically.

"Why don't we ask Thomas, aren't we recording today?" He asked. Logan checked his imaginary watch, which made Patton smile to himself.

"Yes, right about now. I'll pop up first, follow whenever you feel needed to pop in." Logan said. With that he looked up and vanished from the main quarters they all stood in. Patton looked to Virgil why just shrugged.

"Good morning Thomas," Logan said. Thomas yawned with baggy eyes. "Oh my,"

"I know, this's now more than a day long dilemma." Thomas said. Logan's eyes widened and pulled up Patton without warning.

"Aw come on, kiddo! What's going on in that mind of yours?" He asked sweetly. Logan rolled his eyes.

"Thomas is having another dilemma." Logan said. Patton's eyes widened.

"What made you stay up, pal?" He asked. Thomas yawned.

"Thoughts," He said. Logan looked worryingly at Patton as Virgil popped onto the stairs.

"Thoughts that I wasn't thinking!" Virgil said. Roman shot up at that time.

"What kind of thoughts, Thomas?" Patton asked.

"I don't know... regretful thoughts. Being a bad person because of what I thought of that day I guess." Thomas said. The three light sides looked to Virgil.

"Whoa, whoa, Thomas, we figured that one out last time before I snapped down. Why are you still shaken over it?" Virgil asked. Logan perked up.

"Actually, we didn't solve the mystery before you left us, Virgil. We only started to mention the Duke and how he affected you and made you scared when the thought crossed Thomas' mind. Then Roman dead-named you, and we all left.' Logan said. Roman scoffed.