_.|!|._: Chapter One

a/n: As promised, here is the first chapter of the story! Enjoy!

-

Sinking down from a Sanders Sides video was not what most expected it to be. Most expected, (Including Thomas himself) that after the video was over, the sides all sunk down into their respective rooms in the mind palace. This is where the expectations are incorrect, as all the sides end up in the main room of the palace, connecting all of their rooms and other rooms together. This was where they met up, if they didn't need to go into another room to do so after all, and weren't in the middle of a debate or video.

This is where Logan, Patton, Roman, and Virgil stood right then.

"Well, what did we learn today?" Logan asked as he fixed his tie to perfection.

"That we can cope with thoughts better." Virgil retorted in an annoyed tone. Logan sighed as he crossed his arms.

"At least you remembered. I'll meet you all later, whenever Thomas inevitably needs us." Logan declared, then turned on his heel to retreat back to his room. This left Patton, Roman, and Virgil all together in the joint room.

"Well, Roman, how's your head?" Patton asked. Roman looked over to the light-hearted side and smiled.

"It's doing quite well, thank you. My brother always had a knack for going for the head when we would practice dueling when we were younger," He said, matter of factly. Virgil raised an eyebrow at Patton, who shrugged. "What? A future king has to defend his honor."

"Oh, that makes more sense kiddo." Patton said. Roman smiled sadly.

"Yes, well I'm off to rest, give Thomas a good dream since he is asleep. See you two later." Roman said as he turned on his heel to his room in the corner of the main jointure with gold and red stars on its wall. Patton sighed, as he smiled at Virgil, who stared at the ground, rocking himself forwards and backwards nervously. He pulled on his sleeves tightly and brought them over the ends of his finger tips. He grabbed onto them like a horse's reins, never letting go. Simultaneously, he chewed on his lip, and tried to hyper focus on a place that wasn't Patton's eyes.

"Hey kiddo, you all right? You look like a cat stuck up a tree." Patton said, softly and sweetly. Virgil looked up finally meeting his eyes.

"L-Logan said something earlier. How talking about your feelings would help not just emotionally, but physically too. I-I was wondering if... I don't know..." Virgil said. He scrunched his face and rubbed it out of frustration.

"Wondering if what?" Patton asked.

"I was wondering if I could talk to you about my feelings." Virgil said. He shrugged awkwardly and hunched over as he stuffed his hands into his pockets. Patton smiled and wrapped an arm around him.

"Why of course you can, that's what I'm here for kiddo. Let's make a branch room to make you comfy, huh? Now what do you want in it? Speakers? Music?" Patton said. He created a branch room in the corner between both his and the hallway to Virgil's room, as he led him there.

"Kiddo, what matters is that you're calm first, so you can talk, right? So, make it your own. Just not too dark, or with spiders, they give me the heeby jeebies." Patton said. Virgil chuckled and nodded as he stepped into the room alone. He looked around him, pure white walls nothing but space. He sighed, waving a hand to the walls.

He colored them a lilac color, and kept the ceiling white. The floor was soon carpet, and covered in oversized bean bag chairs with a large sofa in the corner. On the far left there was a shelf unit with drawers filled with yarn and crochet needles. Virgil smiled at the room in front of him, feeling more relaxed already. He turned back to Patton, who gasped.