_.|&|._: Chapter Seven

a/n: Did you see what Thomas posted with the sides in that video on IG, so cool! Anyway, here's the next chapter. Hope you enjoy it :)

-

The Past Part Three

-

Virgil snapped his fingers, making pair of black, big headphones appear out of thin air. He smiled and put them on, and snapped again to shuffled the songs he had in his iPod, and started to bang his head. Danger Days by My Chemical Romance started to play, and he started to bang his head. He smiled as Bulletproof Heart started to play.

"Gravity..." He started to sing to himself. He looked around the room and went over to the couch and picked up a yellow spool of yarn. He wanted to calm down, no, needed to calm down.

Virgil started to compose himself a scarf. It was mainly meant for Deceit, but he didn't mind. He liked the yellow yarn, it was a secret color that he enjoyed, much like purple. Even though he loved Deceit, unlike Remus, his mind started to wander on their previous conversations. Mainly, it started to create elaborate questions from them, especially one.

What did Deceit mean that Virgil was being good to Thomas and shouldn't have been?

Virgil hummed along the song as he adverted his attention back to the yarn that he continued to weave in and out of itself with the crochet hook. He was rather good at it, after years of practice.

"We could run away, run away from here." He sang to himself. He then thought about the idea of running away.

There wasn't much of another place to go, he was trapped figuratively in the same place forever. Though, he can go anywhere if he wanted to. He thought about the opposite side of the brain, where the light sides resided. The main line between them was an obscenely long hallway, one he had only been down once, and it was exclusively on his own side of the mind to get to either Remus or Deceit. He wondered what kinds of color were on the other side. He assumed the opposites of his own kind, like blue, and red. He wondered what kinds of things they did, what they fought for. He'd assume that it was no good, but the realized that if the colors would be opposite, so would the motives and wants.If the dark side was anarchy, then the light side had to be organized.

He wondered if organization in the motives side of the never-ending fight of helping Thomas was something that would calm him down. Call his name to him, even. But, the lights weren't mean to be bad, just an opposition. There was nothing really wrong wit them, they just thought differently, taught Thomas differently, affected him more dominantly.

Was that such a bad thing? Why did the others make such a big deal out of it anyway?

A new song came on, Powerless by Waterparks. He smiled as the opening riff played. It couldn't be too bad being like Morality, or Creativity. They got to have lighter but no less important jobs, but they seemed to be happier with one another. If he and Remus were in the same room with one another, tension sprang up and Remus would just retort and joke around insecurely. Deceit was the only one that could really keep any of them in order, but it wasn't a happy drift to nonsense, it was tension that only Deceit had the right knife able to cut it.

Virgil knew on the inside he hated the darkness of what side he was on. He loved the deepness and mystery, but he hated the motive more than anything. He hated the effect it had on Thomas, he hated his name, he hated it all. He just wanted change in the place that he was stuck in. He realized he didn't want to be a dark side anymore.

He didn't want to be a dark side anymore?

Awsten Knight rang through his hears as he took off his headphones.