Chapter 23: Stranger•

Nate's Pov

I took Rosa upstairs where I was certain her room was, and when I went inside, I wasn't surprised at all. I've seen dozens of girl's rooms and they pretty much were all decorated in a cute way. Rosa's room was empty with furniture and nothing really symbolized her taste anywhere. I was almost certain this was room...

Her closet was open, so I saw that she didn't have a lot of clothes either. One thing I can remember was that she always dressed pretty when we were kids, but I'm sure it was because her mom dressed her. All she does wear is a uniform to school, and at the moment she just had normal shirts and T-shirt. She was never like most girls, but that's what I liked about her.

I removed the blanket off her bed before I placed her down and I put her bag to the side. Something that felt like glass was inside, so I was careful and placed it down. After so, I glanced at the room, remembering my time here as a kid...

It was dark in here at the moment, but I can remember clearly when the two of us played on the floor and drawing in our coloring books. We'd watch tv downstairs and ended up falling asleep. My mom let me stay over, and sometimes her mom would let her stay over at my house. Those times were my happiest... and I threw them away because I was selfish and only thought of myself.

"I can't keep doing this..." I told myself, shaking my fist. I have to tell her how I feel. I never even apologized to her. It wasn't fair to her... And she needs to know that I regret everything. The most she can do is deny me, but at least I would had apologized after all these years.

"Dawn and Serena are right... Everyone is right... I need to stop being scared and be a man" I looked at Rosa "Probably have to do it at school..." I leaned in to look at her tired face "You tend to overwork yourself... Don't you?"

"Research... Research ..." she spoke in her sleep. I smiled and admired her face.

"This is creepy... I need to stop" I rubbed my face and moved away, then saw a necklace around her neck that was hiding in her shirt. Curious, I wanted to see what it was.

"Nate!" Brendon yelled from down stairs "Come on! We need some help!" I moved away from Rosa and stormed to the door, stopping to look at Rosa still knocked asleep.

"Sorry..." I said before going outside to help the others after locking the door behind me.

"It's about time you showed up!" Hugh glared, fighting with his Pignite "Lucas's Pokémon fainted!" I looked at Lucas taking care of his Pokémon "Help out! They're after Rosa!" I nodded and send out my Riolu.

"You're not getting your hands on her! Not when I'm around!" I shouted and yelled out to my Pokémon "Use force palm!" My Riolu cried out and ran up to the opponent Lucas was facing and took them down "Alright! Hurry and use double kick!"

The battle didn't drag on for long. My Pokémon did most of the heavy lifting since my friends Pokémon got tired quickly. I won a battle against 4 grunts and watched them run off, yelling that they'll be back. Dammit...

"That can't be good..." Calem said "They know where Rosa lives"

"That's what happens when you become the sister of the hero who defeated a whole evil organization" Brendan shrugged "It happens... I guess" he joked half heartedly. Lucas poked my arm, getting my attention.

"It'll be good to let Rosa know" that would be good to tell her, but she's focused on something already. I don't want to distract her with something she has no control of. Especially when she doesn't have a Pokémon.

"I'll keep that in mind. Until then, I'll be the one to stay by her side"

"You?" Hugh arched his brow "Where did this confidence come from?" I'm in no way confident, but I don't want anything happening to her. I am not going to let anyone harm her again.