Chapter 11: Dinner*

Nate's Pov

My heart dropped when seeing Rosa sitting across the table from me, shining her bright smile with Dawn talking to her while trying to catch a waiter. My body immediately went stiff, but I relaxed when Brendan patted my shoulder. I shouldn't be behaving like this... This is our day out together and it shouldn't be treated like this.

Everyone is always busy doing something for school or for our jobs, so it's difficult to have everyone together all at once. Today was for all of us, and just because I saw Rosa, I shouldn't be staying quiet like this. I need to be in a happy mood so that we can all have fun! But wasn't she the one that said she wasn't coming? What changed her mind?

"I see the silent princess has arrived" Hugh leaned on the table, looking at Rosa. Rosa chuckled at his joke, which didn't even seem like a joke from his tone, but know him well enough, it's easy to know.

"What makes me silent?" She giggled. My eyes softened at how lovely she was. To be surrounded by people she wasn't even friends with, she's so open and sweet "I appreciate you all letting me come eat with you today. I won't be a bother!" A bother?

"Hey! We wanted you here!" Serena said "We're more than welcome to bring in a new friend, right?" Everyone nodded. I just stared at Rosa blushing shyly. That look on her face showed that child like personality I haven't seen in a long time...

"I'm touched!" She smiled. Ethan leaned close to her.

"Don't you feel awkward being with people who aren't your friends?" He asked randomly, making us want to slap him aside the head. Don't mess with her like that! She came here because she wanted to!

"Maybe, but you're no stranger. Not all people are scary, you know? I may not want to claim any friends for personal reasons, but I know everyone means well. I got to know a lot of you, and you're lovey" she glanced at me for a slight second before quickly putting a napkin on her lap.

"You're so sweet" Dawn giggled, playing with her long brown hair. The waiters had finally came and served us well. Everyone talked amongst themselves and had a conversation across the table, telling funny stories of their lives back in their home region and everything.

"We all came from other places, but the only locals here are Nate, Hugh, and Rosa" Calem pointed out "We already heard about the guys side of their story. Have anything cool to share, Rosa?" Rosa held her chin to think.

"Well, it's kinda a big deal, but do I dare to say it out loud?" We all listened carefully "My sister is the hero of Unova" Hugh spat out his water out of shock.

"What happened?" Barry asked. Hugh cleaned his mouth and didn't respond.

"Please continue!" Serena said, interested.

"My sister traveled Unova for a whole year, training to become champion of Unova. Along the way, there was a organization named Team Plasma"

"I think I heard of that story!" May gasped.

"Right! The organization that tried liberating Pokémon" Brendon said "I hope there's no organization like that when we get back home"

"Right?" Lucas chuckled, eating the bread "What a pain that would be" Rosa put her hands together.

"The king of the organization had a dream to take Pokémon away from horrible trainers, and my sister aimed to stop him! To be able to achieve this goal, he had to awaken the legendary Pokémon" Everyone, even I, were so invested into this story I didn't even know about.

"He sought Ideals while my sister sought Truth! They both awaken the two legendary Pokémon and battled for who was right about their preference. In the end, my sister won, and the king was dethroned by the true mastermind of the organization! His plan was to be the only one to use Pokémon while everyone else suffered, but he didn't win" she smiled at her lap "He was defeated and that's that. She was champion, but she didn't keep the title for long"