Just walk away

I open the hot water and wait for the bathroom to get warm. Finally enjoying a little bit of silence around me.

Rene-Charles' terrible four were even more difficult than I have imagined, and knowing he was now sleeping gave me a little time to relax.

He was so demanding and full of energy all the time, and he didn't like having to share his mom with music and business.

I had to sneak away from the house to give my shows past week, he needed me more than when he was younger. And although I found it extremely lovely and adored to spend time with him, I needed a rest.

Being his mom was my full time job, but I was decided to enjoy this hot tub. I even put a record on, shampooing my hair, allowing warm water to fall against my sored back.

"Maman, maman" his voice said loudly, and I could tell he was getting closer. For one second I didn't want to respond, I wanted to stay in my quiet moment.

"On the bathroom mon amour" I finally tell him, washing away the shampoo. "Ça va?" I ask him as I hear his little footsteps coming inside the bathroom.

"I want to ride my bike" he demands, and although I explain him that he will have to wait until I finish my shower, he seems to ignore me.

"Maman, lets go" he cries. "Wait five minutes, and I'll be ready" I try to convince him but he starts screaming. "Now, I want my bike now".

How could such a lovely child turn into this little monster in a matter of minutes?

I close the shower, I know I'm spoiling him, and that I should teach him to wait, but today I just want some peace. We'll have plenty of time to learn together.

"Come with me so I can get some clothes on, then we are going to ride your bike" I tell him, grabbing his little hand as we walk towards my room.

"Where's papa?" He asks. "He is working" I answer, trying not to reflect how upset I am about it.

I know for sure I don't want to be one of those mothers that complains about marital problems with their children.

"I want Papa" he screams, ready to start crying again. I put my jogging on place, and kneel next to him. "Why don't we ride your bike for a while and then Papa will come to play with us" I whisper.

"Now!" He cries. "Easy mom amour, lets go play outside" I say trying not to reveal how impatient he's making me feel.

"Let's call Papa and ask him to come play with us" I tell him and he finally smiles and stops crying.

We call him, I put the speaker on so we can speak to him, but he's not answering. "Papaaa" Rene Charles screams.

"He is in a meeting mon amour, he will come home as soon as it finishes" I say rubbing his back, not knowing if I was trying to convince my son or myself.

He finally grabs my hand and stops screaming. We walk towards the background, now talking like he was an adult.

He speaks about birds and bees, he teaches me so much about love and life, I love seeing the world through his eyes.

"What do you think about taking off these little wheels?" I ask him as we get his bike. "I'm scared" he mutters.

"We can do it together" I say grabbing his little and chubby hand, he presses mine tightly. "Okey" he whispers not completely sure.

I run to get the camera, and help him getting on the bike, holding him from the seat as he started riding.

"Give me" Manon says from behind, as I extend the video recorder to her. I walk fast holding RC as he pedals faster now.