Marriage:A Sham

"Mr. Kingsley is ready to see you. Please follow me, this way." A lady said.
I followed her to Nathaniel's office.

"You can go inside Miss. Rose." She said.

"Well, well, would you look at that, who decided to show up?!.... I thought you wouldn't come" He said teasingly, with a cocky smirk.

I frowned my eyes brows annoyingly by his remark.

"I-I—
"I know why you are here. And the offer still stands, so need to worry." He said pacing in the room.
"Fine! But if you need me to be your fake "wife" then I would like to add some conditions before I sign that contract." I said demandingly.

"You know, you are not in that position...but still I would add them for you." He said.

"So what are your conditions?" He asked sitting on his chair.

"My first condition is, I can't marry you, until I graduate from college and start my own career, second, I will not share my room with you after our marriage and third, that there will be no physical interactions between us, unless it's necessary for front of others " I finished.

"Are you sure about the third condition? Because women can't resist my charm!" He smirked, mischievously biting his lower lip.

"I am serious, Nathaniel."

"Well, In that case, All Conditions are accepted! But...wait..how old are you and when you will graduate?" He asked.

"It's so strange you don't know my age yet you dug up information about me, but for your kind information I am 20 and I will graduate in 1 year," I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Right...I knew your age...I just wanted to confirm it." He said, glancing at his phone.

"And how old are you?! I asked.
"I am 25." He replied, looking at me.
"So do you want me to sign now or—
"Let's do it!"  He interrupted.
"The contract will start after one year as you will be graduating, by that time. But you have to play as my girlfriend until we get married; obviously which means you can't date anyone else!. 25000$ will be transferred every month from now. And you have to move in, with me soon." He continued.

"Move in with you?! But we are not marrying anytime soon, besides the contract wouldn't even start until I graduate."  I stated.

"Well "soon" means  6-7 months from now. And moreover I need to make sure, my dad doesn't suspect us. We need to start to pretend like "couples"." He said, quoting.

*Ring* phone rang on the Nathaniel table.
"Hello?" Nathaniel answered the call.
"Hey Sam, can you Come ASAP with the new contract I emailed you?" He said on the call.

Few minutes later*Door open.*

"Sir your documents."  A well-built man, around the Nathaniel age, came inside the office. He had dark yet exotic features.
"Thank you, Sam. I would like to meet my girlfriend Beatrice." He introduced me to Sam.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise as I wasn't expecting him to say that, or at least not this soon.

"And Babe, this is Sam Evans, My manager." He continued.
"Hello ma'am," Sam said.
Not gonna lie I felt a little old when he called me "ma'am". But somehow I recognized his accent, it was Spanish with a little touch of a Canadian accent.
"Hi, it's nice meeting you, "I replied.
"Same here," Sam said with a warm smile.