―19. heartfelt goodbye

PIPPA ADAMS stands in front of a window in the room she's been gifted at the D'Antonio estate

PIPPA ADAMS stands in front of a window in the room she's been gifted at the D'Antonio estate. She's in a red velvet skirt with her blonde hair tumbling down the white top that adorns her. Staring out at the grounds she feels this great longing for more time here- trying to recover had ceased most activity of hers. At her sides her hands grip the hem of the skirt, trying not to shake, trying not to cry. Coming to terms with what's happened has been easier than expected but she's not ready to leave. Especially without answers. It's been crazy since she woke up; being prodded by nurses and doctors; maids constantly in and out. She's used to back home being waited on when she visits her grandfather, but this is next level. Every second she can tell she's had eyes on her watching her every move. And she can't tell if it's because of the fact she'd been drugged or it was normal for guests.

In a few hours Pippa will be going home; which is hours away from Italy. It makes her heart heavy to think of that and how she'll be leaving- leaving on a low note of fear and she hasn't even seen Santino. She wants to thank him as it's probably all she'll do. There's no telling if she'll have the courage to admit her love for him, probably not, so it'll be a goodbye instead.

It's one thing to be in a bubble with someone, falling in love; but it's something else once the real world hits. She's scared of that.

Like her prayers to see a specific someone are answered; a soft knock sounds out.

"Come in," Pippa says, her stomach lurching as she hopes it's a certain man.

And it is. Santino D'Antonio enters the room closing the door behind him. Santino is stoic as his eyes grasp her form; he looks tired to her (even with his normal gorgeous attire). He doesn't say anything at first and neither does she. They just stand there as if they're miles apart just staring. Santino is taken aback by how beautiful she looks, pale and seemingly sickly, but nonetheless beautiful. His words are caught in his throat.

Pippa wants to run to him and be held, but she forces herself to stay put. She smiles kindly and speaks, "hi, it's nice to see you."

"And you too," he nods. Finally, he starts to walk towards her making her burn with want. There's this force between them as they're now inches apart; an unspeakable emotion surrounding them but neither could imagine acting upon it. Santino desperately wants to reach out and touch her, so he does.

His fingers dance across her skin and he cups her cheeks; like he's inspecting her to see if she's hurt anywhere. He'd done this so many times as she laid unconscious...

"Santino," Pippa breathes out shakily.

"How are you?" his voice is gentle through his thick accent which he loves. She missed hearing his deep voice..

"Um," she swallows nodding, "I'm okay."

"You're sure?"

"I am, just tired I suppose." Santino's hands are now down so they're touching hers. Both are content feeling the skin on skin contact from the other. Pippa can't help but gaze up at him in a loving way, peering into his deep eyes.