― 03. preparations

SOMETHING PIPPA's slowly coming to understand about herself is that she likes being told what to do; but then somehow always does the opposite or gets upset

SOMETHING PIPPA's slowly coming to understand about herself is that she likes being told what to do; but then somehow always does the opposite or gets upset. Like the countless times she's snuck out of her house growing up, the Continental, and going against her parent(s) orders. But then, she finds herself lost and confused, and desperate for a command. It's frustrating for her because she doesn't like acting off emotions because she thinks things through— but then she acts off her sudden emotions. Maybe it's why everyone, asides Nana and Jack, treat her as if she's still a child. A breakable object that will shatter at the slightest touch.

Pippa feels like if she wants anything out of life she has to fight for it and disobey, even if she hates to do so. She'll always apologize after, but no one seems to understand she can do more! University proved to her grandfather she's okay on her own but her mother's clutches will never go away.

Even in Italy, Pippa senses eyes and ears.

"Do you think this would be good?" Nana asks as she searches through a menu. They're sitting at a private, almost empty, café outside. It overlooks a small body of water in what's probably the outskirts of Rome. It's late in the morning and it probably took them an hour to find or happen upon this place.

Pippa leans over and reads what Nana is showing her, "I would think so. It's just a drink."

"It's like special Italian tea, you never know. I can't remember if I had it when I was here last."

"You probably didn't because you'd remember," Pippa giggles, "could you order that for me too. Thank the gods you know Italian."

"Some! I'm no pro."

"Still much better than me,"

Their waiter returns and his eyes are glued on Pippa's form. They linger the whole time he stands there to take the two girls' orders.

As he walks away Nana says, "he was checking you out."

"Oh I noticed," Pippa rolls her eyes, "wait until he finds out I don't speak Italian."

"He'll be heartbroken," she giggles, "speaking of boys, have you talked to Jack at all?"

"That reminds me!" Pippa says then going and pulling out her phone from her purse, "he asked me to call him so we could all chat." she starts to press buttons to pull up Jack's name. He'd been nagging to talk to them saying how bored he's been as of late.

Pippa presses the dial button and the phone starts to ring. She's holding it to her ear when a male voice sounds rather happy, "hey! You finally remembered to call!"

"Alright put him on speaker then!" Nana playfully hits her friends arm, "I wanna talk to him too."

"Oh I can hear Nana in the back." Jack laughs. Pippa hits another button to bring the call to speaker phone and she sets her phone down, "what are you guys up to?"