― 10. dinner party

IT'S NERVE racking for Pippa knowing that as she gets ready for tonight, she's getting ready to meet Santino's closest friends in a more intimate setting

IT'S NERVE racking for Pippa knowing that as she gets ready for tonight, she's getting ready to meet Santino's closest friends in a more intimate setting. Yes she'd previously met Matteo and Lorenzo, but it was only for a few seconds. She's going to be at Santino's penthouse with people he's actually close with. People he cares about- and to invite her and Nana, she's overjoyed. To think they'd be on a list of importance for him it's unbelievable. She's soaring inside as she races around her room trying to find the perfect outfit and so far nothing feels right. Finding the right shoes and jewelry to match is key, because Santino is of high expectations and so on, meaning she can't look like a drab. The man wears designer suits every single day and she's the type to wear sweats.

But she's still excited because she'll get to see Santino; see that devilish, beautiful of a smile and hear him speak. Something about his thick accent as he talks to her makes her swoon. Her stomach is bubbling at the thought of him and she's on this nervous, magical high.

"Pips you ready yet?" Nana calls out, "we don't want to be late!"

Looking herself over again for the thousandth time in the mirror, she's still torn on what she sees. For the first time in awhile her long blonde hair is in the high ponytail. Her hair, she's content with, the outfit she's not sure, "what do you think of my outfit?" Pippa asks.

Peeking her head in Nana takes a quick look, "I think it's cute bud. Pink's a nice color on you."

"Does it seem like I'm trying too hard?"

"No? I think it's perfect for tonight, but like.. with these people you got to look perfect." Nana says with a shrug, "how am I looking?"

"Better than me oh my, you're always so stylish." Pippa gushes with a slight pout on her lips. More likely than not Nana would help her choose, so if she says the outfit is fine than it is. But it's quite scary to think about how much her friend saves her ass in life, whether it's about boys, clothes, or life.

"Alright well it's decided then, so lets get going. Got to get you to your man!" her friend declares with her eyes creased at the corner as she grins deviously.

Pippa scrunches up her face, "he's not my man."

"Whatever. I need to see more of how he is around you.. so I can form an official opinion." she says matter of factly, "not anyone can date my friend."

"Don't jump to that quite yet. Remember we're going home soon." it's a cruel reminder that they don't live in Italy and Santino will probably forget about her the moment she returns home. It's only happening because they're here. But it's hard not thinking about all the possibilities, even if they're out of this world.

"That's super depressing to think about." Nana says with a shake of her head, "damn."

"I mean, stuff like this doesn't happen to me. Like... the butterflies in my stomach it's all new."