THIRTEEN: THE SOURCE.

Chapter thirteen: the source
"Tired of fighting, tired of loving."

•

Twenty minutes later and the group were crowded around Eve, who had a bandana covering her eyes as she sat in front of the static on the television. They watched as the girl panted and ripped off her mask, letting out a deep breath and turning to them.

"I found him," She says to them, picking up her glass of water and taking a sip.

"What was he doing?" Max asks her.

"He was just sitting on his bed... emotionless," Eve says to them with furrowed brows as she thought about the weird image.

"That's not normal, right?" Nancy asked Max.

"Billy staying in his room on the fourth of july?" Max says to them with a confused look, "No, that's not normal."

"He wants us to find him," Will realises as he hugs his knees.

"Yeah," Nancy nods, "That's what I'm afraid of. If we go to Billy, then the rest of the flayed know where we are."

"It's a trap," Mike says to them, "We'll be ambushed."

"We won't be surprised." Lucas says,"We'll know that they're coming, and we will kick their flayed butts."

"You mean El and Eve will kick their butts," Max corrects him. The fall silent for a moment as Eve thinks to herself, staring at Eleven.

"Too risky," Nancy then speaks up, but Eve isn't completely listening, "Killing the flayed won't stop the mind flayer. We have to find out where it's spreading from. We have to find the source."

"Billy knows it," Eve says before looking at Eleven, "El, you said that when you visited your mom you saw her memories. I need to do that to Billy."

"I have to teach you the way," El says to her with a nod. Eve nods back, the girls standing up. They had to do this, dangerous or not.

-

Eve was once again sat in front of the static Tv as everyone started to sit around her, getting ready for her to do something that could be extremely dangerous. She sat just staring at the static on the screen as she thought about what she was doing, when Max came and sat down next to her.

"Eve?" Max asked quietly, honestly expecting Eve to tell her to fuck off and move away from her, but the girl didn't.

"Yeah?" She asked softly in a tone Max had missed so dearly, Max looked at the side of her ex girlfriend's face as she stared at the static, not looking over at Max.